evkmimxrt1064_dev_video_virtual_camera samples (lite and not) do not seem to work

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

evkmimxrt1064_dev_video_virtual_camera samples (lite and not) do not seem to work

tamir_michael
Contributor IV

Hello,

I have programmed my MIMXRT-1064-EVK with the video over USB samples provided by the SDK but they do not work (i.e. device enumerates as a camera but does not provide the expected static picture). Using Skype, Webcamoid & Zoom I see a black image, Zoom does not even allow to start the video. I did not test with QQ but I don't think it would make much of a difference. I'm using MCUXpresso IDE v11.1.0 [Build 3209] [2019-12-12] and SDK 2.7.0 on a Linux host. I have noticed that it actually does work on Windows 10 but, alas, not on Linux Fedora.

Debugging, I see that the following code is executed every time a "USB_OTG1_IRQHandler" is invoked:

if (status & USBHS_USBSTS_URI_MASK)
{
    /* Reset interrupt */
    USB_DeviceEhciInterruptReset(ehciState);
}

Any ideas, recommendations etc. ?

Thanks in advance.

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
6 Replies

Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Tamir,

Hope you are doing well.

You can find the readme document in the following path of your SDK.

..\SDK_2.7.0_EVK-MIMXRT1064.zip\boards\evkmimxrt1064\usb_examples\usb_device_video_virtual_camera\bm

Here you will find the details of how the example works. The PC test tool QQ International is a software requirement. I'd recommend to try it first on QQ, if the problem persists please let me know. 

If you need any further information or have any further questions, please do not hesitate to get back to me. 

Best Regards,

Sabina

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

0 Kudos

tamir_michael
Contributor IV

Hello Sabina,

Any PC program that can stream video from a web cam is adequate here - QQ is only one of them. Skype, Zoom and many others (include fflplay on Linux) can do the same. As I pointed out, the problem is restricted to Linux machines (i.e. the device's image is displayed when I connect it to a Windows machine). Can you test this on a Linux machine, please? Just connect the device running the sample to such a machine and start any of the programs I mentioned, or, if you have "ffmpeg" installed - execute "ffplay /dev/video0".

0 Kudos

Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hope you are well. I apologize for the delayed response, I am working on getting a linux machine to test the example. I will update you as soon as I can.

Best Regards,

Sabina

tamir_michael
Contributor IV

Hi,

Apparently if one uses the linux tool "V4L2 Test Bench" (v. 1.18.0), it is possible to see the image delivered by the device. I also wrote a simple program to store the incoming data in a file which can then be played using "ffplay".

0 Kudos

Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Thank you for your update. I now have a linux machine and currently testing the example. Could you please confirm if the above is still only working on the linux tool, but not on the other applications you mention that do work in windows?

0 Kudos

tamir_michael
Contributor IV

Yes I can. I did not test using QQ, but all others, except V4L2 Test Bench have failed.

0 Kudos