enabling BEE on IMXRT1050

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

enabling BEE on IMXRT1050

manuardi
Contributor II

I encounter trouble trying to enable the BEE.

I have an application which makes access OK to external HYPERFLASH through octal bus, with no BEE-related code in it.

Then I want to enable BEE for data read. I use the example given in the drivers example for BEE to do that. The code looks easy to integrate in the application together with the FlexSPI code, and  compiles OK, but when running it, after all initialization phase (including external Flash initialization) executes OK, I get the following message :  

A precise data error has occured at {here the very first address the application is willing to read in external Flash}

I have the following question : what is the meaning of the word "precise" in this context ?

Then, what is extremely strange , is that the even if the BEE is not enabled, but just initialized, it has the same effect = it makes fail the very first read access to external Flash following BEE init.

I have the following question : does BEE do something on the datapath when it is initialized but not yet enabled ?

Is there any demo code or app note about using BEE together with FlexSPI available ?

Thank's in advance for your replies

Manu 

0 Kudos
2 Replies

vicentegomez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Manu

Due the holidays, we have a backlog, we are working to give you an answer , please give us more time

Regards

Vicente Gomez

0 Kudos

vicentegomez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

Are you running the bee-test from the SDK without modifications and seeing these issues? Or did you find the driver code and try to make their own example. The bee example is in the <SDK path>/board/evkbimxrt1050/demo_apps/bee-test folder. A lot of people overlook it, because they were expecting something in the driver_examples folder.

If what you are running is the SDK bee-test demo, then the demo should run out of the box. I will warn you that there are some features in the BEE driver that aren't implemented correctly. I've attached the fsl_bee.c version that I'm using. I've made some of my own changes in here to improve the driver . Even with the original driver though, the SDK bee-test demo should work without errors. If you are running the demo example, then what rev of the SDK are they using? 

Next question, is what are you actually trying to do with the BEE? If you want to use the BEE for some data only, then the bee-test is probably a good starting point. If you eventually want to have your entire application code + data encrypted, then you probably don't want to use the SDK driver at all. Instead you'll want to use the flashloader tools to load the encrypted application and configure data structures that will direct the ROM to configure the BEE

0 Kudos