distinguish lockup reset from SYSRESETREQ in i.MX RT1050

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

distinguish lockup reset from SYSRESETREQ in i.MX RT1050

mastupristi
Senior Contributor I

in the reference manual for the RT1050 microcontroller, in the chapter dedicated to the SRC Reset Status Register, I find

lockup_sysresetreq.png

I looked up the description of the GPR registers of the SRC device: it seems they are all used by the ROM code and should not be used by application software:

GPR.png

So how do I distinguish between lockup reset and SYSRESETREQ reset?

best regards

Max

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Massimiliano Cialdi,

According to the AE team's reply, the final solution has not been agreed now, because it needs the architecture, ROM, and design all come together and agree to set aside one of the GPRs to use for this purpose and not use that register for something else later in ROM updates or future device. After reaching a consensus, we will document that register as set aside specifically for that purpose.
Sorry for bringing any inconvenience for you.
Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

mastupristi
Senior Contributor I

In the reference manual Rev.3 and Rev.4 the description of the lockup_sysresetreq field has changed: now explicit reference is made to the SRC_GPR5 register.

lockup_sysresetreq.png

This is confirmed in the description of the GPR5 register:

GPR5.png

However, it is not made explicit that this register retains its status across system reset, as is well highlighted for the GPR1 register:

The SRC ensures that the register value will persist across system resets.

GPR1.png

Does the GPR5 register retain its status across system reset?

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Massimiliano Cialdi,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
Yes, I also find the error, I'll contact with AE team for confirming and inform you later.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos