Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

You are correct that UART baud rate cannot be increased to 396 MHz because dividers are fixed. However, please note that UART supports baud rates up to 5 Mbps so 80 MHz should be enough to support these baud rates.

FelipeGarcia_0-1618008899897.png

Best regards,

Felipe

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello!

Could you please confirm what clock generation schematic are you referring?  You can see register values including CCM (Clock Controller Module) as below in Keil.

FelipeGarcia_0-1617746753279.png

Additionally, you can use standalone MCUXpresso Config Tool to see clocks diagram.

MCUXpresso Config Tools|Software Development for NXP Microcontrollers (MCUs) | NXP Semiconductors

Best regards,

Felipe

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note:

- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored. Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

0 Kudos
srinadh
Contributor III

here iam changing clock frequencies of peripherals, but does not changed. Even iam using MCUXpresso and keil programming but does not effect.

FOR Example: LPUART1

By default 80MHz , in MCUxpress tool it shows locked state. I need to change 396 MHz.

And also i tried change clock root for UART direct taken from PLLPFD2(396MHz) but does not changes.

Please share clock configuration modifications in keil otherwise MCUXpresso

LPUART have 2 soruces only: Any clock source given or not for required 396 MHz otherwise maximum LPUART's clock was 80MHz

0 Kudos
FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

You are correct that UART baud rate cannot be increased to 396 MHz because dividers are fixed. However, please note that UART supports baud rates up to 5 Mbps so 80 MHz should be enough to support these baud rates.

FelipeGarcia_0-1618008899897.png

Best regards,

Felipe

0 Kudos
srinadh
Contributor III

but i need TARGET options: for Specific controller:

I need proper settings, because by default in Debug menu that parameters are cortex m7, instead of this i need imxrt1024 controller parameters

0 Kudos