chip initialization failed - Ef(55): Dynamic flash driver startup failed to provide flash parameters (@MIMXRT1064-EVK)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chip initialization failed - Ef(55): Dynamic flash driver startup failed to provide flash parameters (@MIMXRT1064-EVK)

tim342514
Contributor I

I encountered a problem when I tried to use MIMXRT1060-EVK to develop. I tried to use on-board Freelink downloading my code or example code into the board by MCUXpresso. MCUXpresso display the following error message: 

Driver V.2 dynamic startup failed - driver Init provided no flash parameters
Flash Driver V.2 startup failed - rc Ef(55): Dynamic flash driver startup failed to provide flash parameters.
Terminate (0x0, 0x0, 0x0) status 0x40 - driver reports init failure - EXTSPIJ driver rc 20107 (0x4E8B)
chip initialization failed - Ef(55): Dynamic flash driver startup failed to provide flash parameters.
failed to initialize flash driver MIMXRT1064.cfx

I have checked switch of the BOOT_CFG is correct to choose QSPI flash, and the project of led blinking is running at the board.

I tried to change the driver become MIMXRT1060_SFDP_QSPI.cfx to slove this problem, and the problem was been solved but the problem become "active fault".

Where can I find the proper driver to fix this problem?

Remarks: 

Operating System: Windows 10 1909

MCUXpresso Version: v11.1.1 [Build 3241] [2020-03-02]

SDK Version: 2.7.0 (MCUXpresso 303 2019-12-19)

Manifest Version: 3.6.0

MIMXRT1060-EVK Hardware Version: SCH-31367 Rev.A2

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi 哲維 許,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
I think I need more detail about your question prior to answering it.
1) Did the error always happen, or raise recently?
2) If the error happened recently, can you tell me what you did before?
3) Can you describe more details about the "active fault"?
In further, you can try below two tricks to solve the error.
A) Update the firmware of the on-board debugger of MIMXRT1060-EVK.
B) Configuring the SW7 to Serial Downloader mode, then try to debug the MIMXRT1060-EVK, after that recover the SW7's configuration.

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

tim342514
Contributor I

Hi jeremyzhou

Thank you for your help. The following is my reply for the question: 

1) 2) This is my first time to this board, but have the other one used this board before. I asked him how to use this board, and he said he only downloaded the code of LED blinking by using MCUXpresso and Freelink.

3) The "Active faults" is the fault at MCUXpresso. (Note: This problem happened when "PROGRAM FLASH" is 0x7000_0000 or 0x6000_0000 and "Driver" of "PROGRAM FLASH" is MIMXRT1060_SFDP_QSPI.cfx)pastedImage_8.png

a) I haven't tried, and I will try this method.

b) I had tried to use "Serial Downloader", but appear the following error message. (Note: {SW5, SW6, SW7} = {0x0, 0x0, 0x1}, USB cable connected at J41/the socket of the nearest Freelink.)

pastedImage_14.pngpastedImage_15.png

Have a great day,
Jhewei Syu

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi 哲維 許,

Thanks for your reply.
1)  Firstly, MIMXRT1060_SFDP_QSPI.cfx is not suited for the i.MX RT1064.
2) According to your reply, it seems that the NXP MCU Boot Utility tool can establish a connection with the MIMXRT1064 board. However, it fails to program the image to the i.MX RT1064 after clicking All-In-One-Action icon. Is it right?

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

tim342514
Contributor I

Hi jeremyzhou,

Thanks for your reply. 

2) Yes, but my board is MIMXRT1060-EVK and the chip is i.MX RT1062.

I had tried the trick to solve the error by updating MCUXpresso IDE and SDK

a) I can access debug console success after updating, but the problem became as shown below.

pastedImage_4.png

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi jeremyzhou,

Thanks for your reply.
Please try to solve the weird issue by the below procedure.
1) Update the firmware of the on-board debugger of MIMXRT1060-EVK.
2) Configuring the SW7 to Serial Downloader mode, then try to debug the MIMXRT1060-EVK, after that recover the SW7's and give a debug try again.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos

tim342514
Contributor I

Hi jeremyzhou

Finally, I try to use the way by following step to solve the issue,

1) Turn off the power of the board on USB hub

2) Turn on the power of the board on USB hub

3) Immediately click "Debug" when file manager appears

Thank you for your helping to solve the problem.

Have a great day,
Jhewei Syu

0 Kudos