Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

automatically using hardware breakpoints for read only address

NVazquez
Contributor IV

I am tried to debug and I get this note, 
Program stopped.
0x0021a5c8 in ?? ()
Note: automatically using hardware breakpoints for read-only addresses.

The program never stops/ hits the breakpoint. I tried setting breakpoint at ResetISR as well. It never hits that as well.

I am using RT1062 processor with QSPI, on a custom board.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Nhule,

I haven’t seen this specific behavior reported before in this Community but I would first make sure that the power up sequence on the custom board is correct.

Then I would recommend checking the startup code for your board, whether you are using CMSIS or not. It could be that some of the settings for the QSPI or the memory regions are not correct.

Lastly I would review the debug interface, given that you cannot even reach a ResetISR breakpoint. Which interface are you using for debugging?

Regards,
Gustavo

0 Kudos

KTech
Contributor I

I got a similar problem when trying to use the FLASH instead of the SRAMx on my LPC54S016

Program stopped.
0x030095a4 in ?? () <-Boot ROM address
Note: automatically using hardware breakpoints for read-only addresses.

Program received signal SIGSTOP, Stopped (signal).
0xfffffffe in ?? () <- liklely adress read from SRAM boot vector, causing memory hardfault

My SRAM is here, and in most cases, filled with 0xFFFFFFFF values instead of the appropriate set of variables it should contain. Sometime it is filled correctly but obviously booted from the SRAM vector containing variables. To my understanding it should have booted wit the vector in Flash at 0x1000 0000 as all ISP pins are high an the OTP values are not set.

like NVazquez i don't reach any breakpoints, not even at resetISR(). The Program was running fine from SRAM bevor.

A simplyfied testprogram got stuck on the "// Disable interrupts __asm volatile ("cpsid i"); " line first command) by an counter0 interrupt (and the startup weak handler), even thew i didn't implement any timer and had erased the flash before.

regarding the 3 advice given, can you give me a little more detail what to do/ or where to read up on it? My debugger is the default tool chain from MCUXpresso IDE, and my hardware design is very closely modeled after the breakout board.

-----------------------

Edit:

Deleting the ..Debug.lauch config file helped to fix my issue.

0 Kudos