Zephyr build image(sample blinky application) not getting flash through SPT V4.0 for i.MX RT1166 EVK

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zephyr build image(sample blinky application) not getting flash through SPT V4.0 for i.MX RT1166 EVK

vishnusudhankj
Contributor III

I need to flash the Zephyr based Sample application(build using west) using USB-HID/UART. because PyOCD support not yet added for i.MX RT1160 EVK board.

So , I choose the NXP secure provisioning tool to flash the application image . When I try to select the required binary sample application image (build with zephyr) to flash through secure provisioning tool V4.0 , I am getting **
error like bootable image not supported , image without header must be used

Why its suggesting to remove header? Is there any reference available how to remove header ? so I will try to flash the image without header .

Note: Same procedure i tried for i.MX RT1060 EVK , I can able to flash through SPT_V4.0 (application already build using west build). Even I can able to flash the signed application on closed board also,it works fine.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

nxf77486
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @vishnusudhankj ,

I will recommend for Zephyr support to consult the following Zephyr community. Please let me know if I can help you on anything else I will be happy to assist you.

Zephyr Community Support

0 Kudos

vishnusudhankj
Contributor III

hi @nxf77486 

I also posted this query in zephyr community as below,

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/discussions/45559

if anybody knows, please provide your inputs?

0 Kudos

vishnusudhankj
Contributor III

Hi @kerryzhou 

Attached sample image binaries (zephyr) for both 1060 & 1160

0 Kudos

vishnusudhankj
Contributor III

I have compared zephyr menuconfig option for both mimxrt1160 & 1060 EVK . I observed that FlexSPI config block offset inside the boot header option is set to 0x400 for 1160 EVK & 0x0 for 1060 EVK.

Screenshot from 2022-06-07 19-08-21.png

So We tried to change to 0x0 for 1160EVK & tried flashing with west ,its still working.

But if I tried to load through SPT V4.0 , its throwing same error as posted in the earlier mail. For .bin file , start address not accepting in SPT & for .hex file start address set as NOT VALID.

Screenshot from 2022-06-07 19-16-29.png

For reference I am attaching the image starting with offset as 0x0(1160_0x0.zip).

Kindly suggest how to proceed to load through SPT.

0 Kudos