XBAR for Qtimer

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XBAR for Qtimer

farid_mabrouk
Contributor II

I dont know much about Xbar peripheral and I hope someone can answer my question. I am using this pin GPIO_AD_B1_00 for outputing a PWM with variable duty cycle each period, using Qtimer3_Timer0, and DMA. Please see below.

IOMUXC_SetPinMux(
      IOMUXC_GPIO_AD_B1_00_QTIMER3_TIMER0,    /* GPIO_AD_B1_00 is configured as QTIMER3_TIMER0 */
      0U);

Now, I need two PWMs generated using DMA, and Qtimer. I have managed to get one PWM working, but I have only the pin mentioned above available to be used for PWM with Qtimer. Is there any way I can use Qtimer with any other GPIO to generate the desired PWM through XBAR? I am just thinking of a way of demuxing the output of Qtimer3_Timer0 to two GPIOs.

Thanks,

Farid

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Andre marcus,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and
for the opportunity to serve you.
According to your statement, I think the QTIMER is enough to implement your application: generate two PWM, as the QTIMER module contains four identical counter/timer groups. Each 16-bit counter/timer group contains a prescaler, a counter, a load register, a hold register, a capture register, two compare registers, two status and control registers, and one control register.
In further, the SDK library contains the QTIMER demo project, please refer to it for details.

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

farid_mabrouk
Contributor II

I have only one pin dedicated to be used with Qtimer; and I’m using it to generate a Pwm; I don’t know how to use a gpio that is not dedicated to be used with Qtimer to generate my second pwm;  How is that possible? Not sure if you know what I want to do? 

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Andre marcus,

Thanks for your reply and clarification.
1) How is that possible?
-- Yes, it's possible, as the XBAR module is able to assign QTIMERn_TMn_OUTPUT to the I/O pins which work as the output of the XBAR (as the below figure shows).

pastedImage_1.png

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos