Windows 7 driver for MIMXRT1060-EVK

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 7 driver for MIMXRT1060-EVK

er_arpit_arora
Contributor III

Hello, I just bought the MIMXRT1060-EVK evaluation board. I am trying to run the Hello World demo but not able to figure out how to open a serial port to the board.

When I plug in the board to my Windows 7 laptop through it's debug USB port, I see that the following 2 devices appear in the list of devices.

(1) mbed Serial Port

(2) WebUSB: CMSIS-DAP

Are there any drivers I need to install before the board will start showing up as a COM port?

Thanks in advance.

6 Replies

er_arpit_arora
Contributor III

Thank you Yuri and Igor. This is great info. Now I am going to make myself a nice cup of tea and sit down to go through these resources. 

0 Kudos

rans
Senior Contributor I

Is it resolved ? I have the same issues in windows 7.

Device manager shows: "webusb cmsis-dap" in other devices(not installed)

Is there a way to resolved it ?

I tried MANY things. nothing works.

In windows 10, no issue, but I need to install on windows 7.

Thank you,

ranran

0 Kudos

er_arpit_arora
Contributor III

Hi Ranran, yes I also see the WebUSB: CMSIS-DAP in my other devices but I am able to connect to the debug port on the iMX RT1060 evaluation without any issues. I am not an expert at all as I am still learning, but I think if you are able to open up a serial connection through the debug port, I think that should be enough to get you going. As you can see in the capture below, the board shows up under Ports as well.

I can successfully debug the Hello World program and see the "Hello World" output on my serial terminal (PuTTY).

cmsis-dap.png

rans
Senior Contributor I

Hi Arpit,

Right. I can also use the debugger.  And I also see printing in serial.

Yet, when I tried to use the gui flash in MCUXpresso, it failed.

So, I guess it might be using this cmsis-dap.

Thanks for the reply!

ranran

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

below is link for mbed Serial Port:

Windows serial configuration - Handbook | Mbed 

Also load i.MX RT1060 SDK and follow "Getting Started with MCUXpresso SDK for MIMXRT106X.pdf".

Welcome | MCUXpresso SDK Builder 

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Arpit

one can start with MCUExpresso  blog

MCUXpresso IDE V10.1.0 with i.MX RT1052 Crossover Processor | MCU on Eclipse 

and documentation on

i.MX RT1060 MCU/Applications Crossover Processor | Arm® Cortex®-M7 @600 MHz, 1MB SRAM |NXP 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos