Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the FlexSPI busyOffset used?

Jump to solution
mitterha
Senior Contributor I

Hello,

the struct flexspi_mem_config_t offers the fields busyOffset and busyBitPolarity. I can not find a place in source code where it is used and I can't find a FlexSPI register which holds this information.

1. Where and when is this field used?
  2. Does the FlexSPI peripheral check if the connected device is busy before it sends the next command?

Kind regards,

Stefan

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

That is correct, Boot-ROM uses this bit. Usually, the busy bit is set to 1 state when the memory is executing an instruction. During this time the memory ignores further instructions.

Best regards,

Felipe

View solution in original post

4 Replies
FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Stefan,

bussyOffset and busyBitPolarity is part of the Flash Configuration Block. This block configures the Flash Memory you would like to use. Therefore this bits are only used to configure the memory accordingly.

Best regards,

Felipe

0 Kudos
mitterha
Senior Contributor I

Hello Felipe,

thank you for your answer.

Am I understanding it correct that the Boot-ROM is using this bit. If I configure multiple configCmdSeqs will the Boot-ROM query the busyBit after each command sent to the flash device and after the flash finished the last command it will send the next command?

Kind regards,

Stefan

0 Kudos
FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

That is correct, Boot-ROM uses this bit. Usually, the busy bit is set to 1 state when the memory is executing an instruction. During this time the memory ignores further instructions.

Best regards,

Felipe

mitterha
Senior Contributor I

Thank you Felipe!

0 Kudos