When will "FlexIO driver for LCD(8080/6800)" be released in RT1050 SDK?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will "FlexIO driver for LCD(8080/6800)" be released in RT1050 SDK?

yi-yuanting
Contributor III

I have seen all the documents of RT1050 SDK (from ver. 2.3.0 to ver. 2.4.1). (doc. number MCUXSDKMIMXRT105XRN)

In Chapter 23 FlexIO Driver, it mentions lots of API of flexio driver for LCD.

pastedImage_1.png

But, from ver. 2.3.0 to 2.4.1, SDK never provide fsl_flexio_mculcd.c and fsl_flexio_mculcd.h in SDK folder.

When will it be released? 

We are developing 8080 LCD on RT1050, and we need that driver.

I am pretty sure that not only our company but also others need this driver file.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
10 Replies

dean_jia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Yi-Yuan,

There is no problem for you to copy the FlexIO MCU LCD driver from the K28F SDK to the RT1050 platform. You can also refer to the demo in the K28F SDK.

I have created a JIRA ticket to SDK team about this problem.

Regards,

Dean

Best Regards,
Dean

yi-yuanting
Contributor III

Hi Dean,

Thank you for creating issue ticket to SDK team. We really need it.

And now we will try to use K28F SDK FlexIO LCD driver as a temporarily sloution.

Thank you!!

0 Kudos

jackking
Senior Contributor I

I am trying to convert this example as well, were you able to get this working?

0 Kudos

dean_jia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Yi-Yuan,

We cannot find the driver in a SDK package because the corresponding board does not support the demo to run, even though the  processor supports the feature. We will push SDK team to solve this problem in the future.

For now, you can find the driver in a SDK package whose corresponding board supports the demo, such as FRDM-K28F.

Regards,

Dean

Best Regards,
Dean
0 Kudos

yi-yuanting
Contributor III

Hello Dean,

Thank you for replying us. We have finished hardware reworking for our RT1050 EVKB (changed LCDIF to 8080 interface) and connecting our 8080 LCM on it.

I've just download the SDK of FRDM-K28F, and I found fsl_flexio_mculcd.c and fsl_flexio_mculcd.h (and with dma version) in FRDM-K28F SDK. 

Is it appropriate to copy  fsl_flexio_mculcd.c&.h from FRDM-K28F to RT1050 SDK? And using it on our reworked RT1050 EVKB with 8080 LCM? (We are trying this :smileyhappy: )

Still, we hope that the SDK team can officially  release these drivers for RT1050. Because no customer will like the SDK driver resource be limited to EVK, it's too inflexible. 

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos

yi-yuanting
Contributor III

As I said in my question,

I am pretty sure that not only our company but also others need this driver file.

You can see there's the same question above.

This question has been issued since 7/19, and now still no NXP members can answer it.

You sure your RT1050 system and resource are really ready?? We are afraid that our project schedule will be delayed due to RT1050's issue....

0 Kudos

jonver
Contributor II

I have the same question. You can find the documentation here: MCUXpresso SDK API Reference Manual: FlexIO MCU Interface LCD Driver 

0 Kudos

yi-yuanting
Contributor III

Still no one can answer this question.................

0 Kudos

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Yi-Yuan,

I cannot find the document which you are referring to. And MCUXSDKMIMXRT105XRN is the release notes that does not contain the information the you mention.

Can you please point me to the document and indicate where you found it?

Regards,

Carlos

0 Kudos

yi-yuanting
Contributor III

Hi Carlos_Musich,

Thanks for your reply. The information for RT1050 FlexIO driver for LCD 8080 is everywhere. You can easily found it by key word searching. For example:

(1) In SDK reference manual (MCUXSDKIMXRT1050APIRM), here it is :

pastedImage_3.png 

(2) In SDK release note (MCUXSDKMIMXRT105XRN), here it is:

pastedImage_4.png

(3) In SDK on-line reference manual, here it is:

pastedImage_16.png

So, there must be driver files: "fsl_flexio_mculcd.c" & "fsl_flexio_mculcd.h" in Rt1050 SDK, but actually there's no such files in RT1050 SDK. (Now the newest version 2.4.2 doesn't contain that drivers, either.)