cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the i.MX RT106L?

Jump to solution
EdSutter
Senior Contributor II

I purchased the SLN-LOCAL-IOT board, and I have a few questions...

First, I don't yet understand what the i.MX RT106L processor is. I did a search in the forum for RT106L and found very little.  I watched the recorded webinar and according to slide 9 of the handout (along with information from the speaker) there is a multi-stage audio-front-end that does a lot of nice stuff; but it is binary-only.  That tells me the pipeline is firmware and the source for that firmware is not provided.  Is this correct?

As far as I can tell (based on the block diagram on pg 6 of the handout); there's really nothing on the MIMXRT106LDVL6A block that isn't on a RT1062.  I haven't found any literature that specifically calls out the RT106L's uniqueness within the i.MX RT106X family.  It seems to me that it is a licensing arrangement rather than a unique spin of silicon.

Can someone elaborate on this?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Ed, 

Yes, it's spin of the silicon-based on the RT1062 derivative. The RT106L specifically enables software packages that are licensed with this part.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
nxf57422
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

RT106L is a Turnkey solution for local voice control, including far-field audio front end and automatics speech recognition engine

which differs from other similar solutions, for example RT106F is a turnkey solution focused on face and emotion recognition

Best,
Marco Cesarano
0 Kudos
EdSutter
Senior Contributor II

That didn't really answer my question...

Am I correct to assume that "turnkey solution" here means it is a library that comes with an iMXRT1062 or is it a unique spin of silicon?  If it is new silicon, where is the datasheet?

0 Kudos
victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Ed, 

Yes, it's spin of the silicon-based on the RT1062 derivative. The RT106L specifically enables software packages that are licensed with this part.

0 Kudos
shai_b
Senior Contributor II

@EdSutter ,

Maybe I could help here, RT106L is NXP EdgeReady MCU-Based Solution for Local Voice Control.

according to the factsheet (you can refer https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/fact-sheet/IMXRT106LLVCFS.pdf )

you can see the RT106L MCU part number is MIMXRT106LDVL6A, with the following the link you will be able to find the datasheet: 

https://www.nxp.com/part/MIMXRT106LDVL6A#/ 

Hope that helps you.

Kind regards,

Shai

0 Kudos