What is the difference between MIMXRT1176DVMAA vs. MIMXRT117HDVMAA?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the difference between MIMXRT1176DVMAA vs. MIMXRT117HDVMAA?

Jump to solution
CainePark
Contributor II

I am trying to implement the Smart Lock function by changing the MIMXRT117HDVMAA IC used in SLN-VIZ3D-IOT to MIMXRT1176DVMAA. Is it possible to change to MIMXRT1176HDMAA?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
1) Is it possible to change to MIMXRT1176HDMAA?
-- Yes.
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
CainePark
Contributor II

In SLN-VIZN3D-IOT-HDG.pdf, the followings are listed :

NXP 3D and 2D face-recognition solutions are supported by 2 i.MX RT1170 derivatives (i.MX RT117H and i.MX RT117H), which are also compatible with NXP future local-voice-control solutions. Both ICs have identical hardware characteristics and only differ in their software support. To help with customer evaluations, we mounted the superset i.MX RT117H silicon on the SLN-VIZN3D-IOT kit, but customers looking for face recognition should only consider the more economical i.MX RT117H version for their production.

And I attached the document about 'Overview of i.MX RT1170 MCU series.png'. For face recognition, it looks like that I must use i.MX RT117H.

Which device do I have to use for face recognition? i.MX RT117H or i.MXRT1176?

Please let me know that.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
1) Which device do I have to use for face recognition? i.MX RT117H or i.MXRT1176?
-- Either i. MX RT117F or i.MX RT117H is able to be used for face recognition, besides, the i. MX RT117H is able to be used for voice recognition too, however, i. MX RT117F can't.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
CainePark
Contributor II

Hi.

Of the i.MXRT1170 series, only the i.MXRT117H has a special function for face recognition?

In the datasheet or reference manual, there is no information. I thought it was possible to use i.MXRT1176 for face recognition instead of i.MXRT117H.

Please let me know the documents that I can check.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
1) Of the i.MXRT1170 series, only the i.MXRT117H has a special function for face recognition?
-- Either i. MX RT117F or i.MX RT117H supports face recognition, you can learn it from the datasheet.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos
CainePark
Contributor II

Hi!

Thanks for your reply.

I checked the attached datasheet, but I couldn't find out the difference between MIMXRT1176DVMAA and MIMXRT117HDVMAA. In the datasheet, there is only 'Part number nomenclature', and it shows that the part 'H' must be used for hybrid solution with vision & voice. There is no explanation about the difference. 

Is there no feature for vision & voice in MIMXRT1176DVMAA? In other words, Can I implement the vision & voice function in MIMXRT1176DVMAA?

I'm very confused because I can't understand how MIMXRT117H is different with MIMXRT1176.

Can you explain the difference in system block diagram of MIMXRT1170?

Best regards.

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
1) Is there no feature for vision & voice in MIMXRT1176DVMAA?
-- Yes. it doesn't support.
2) Can you explain the difference in the system block diagram of MIMXRT1170?
-- In my opinion, the attached figure has already illustrated the differences, for instance, the i.MX RT117H and i.MXRT1176 are the same except for the i. MX RT117H is able to be authenticated to run the library for face voice recognition.

Overview of i.MX RT1170 MCU series (1).png
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos
CainePark
Contributor II

Thank you for your reply.

A month ago, I asked the same question like the following :

- I am trying to implement the Smart Lock function by changing the MIMXRT117HDVMAA IC used in SLN-VIZ3D-IOT to MIMXRT1176DVMAA. Is it possible to change to MIMXRT1176HDMAA?

At that time, you said 'YES'. 

But now, you say 'NO' because there is no feature for face & voice recognition in MIMXRT1176HDMAA.

I'm very confused.

Best regards.

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
I'm sorry for my previous mistake, the answer should be No.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
1) Is it possible to change to MIMXRT1176HDMAA?
-- Yes.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos