cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does PODF stand for?

Jump to solution
dmarks_ls
Senior Contributor I

Simple question... what does the acronym "PODF" stand for?  Nowhere in the RT1050 reference manual is it explained.  Google indicates that NXP also uses this acronym with its i.MX 7 parts, but couldn't locate an explanation of the acronym.  I mean, it's clearly a selector for a clock divider; based on context, maybe it's Post Divider... Fraction?  It sometimes appears next to "PRED", which I'm guessing is "Pre-Divider".  You did at least explain Phase Fractional Divider (PFD) in the reference manual, but nowhere can I find what "PODF" actually stands for.  Thanks.

Tags (2)
1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi David Rodgers

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
The PODF means the Post-Divider Fraction.
Hope this is clear.

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi David Rodgers

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
The PODF means the Post-Divider Fraction.
Hope this is clear.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.