Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are major and minor loops in DMA?

Jump to solution
suhel_mulla
Contributor III

Hello,

I am using i.MX RT1050 Evaluation Kit. I want to use DMA SPI program in SDK for NXP i.MXRT 1052 processor. 

The terms called major and minor loop are used multiple times in "i.MX RT1050 Processor Reference Manual " in chapter 6. But these concepts are not at all explained in the manual.

Can you explain it here or suggest any document which explains the major and minor loop in DMA?

Tags (5)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I recommend you to read the following document that explains these concepts in more detail: https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/supporting-information/Enhanced-Direct-Memory-Access-Controller-Training...

Best regards,

Felipe

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note:

- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored. Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
suhel_mulla
Contributor III

Thanks for the document. It was really helpful. It solved my problem.

0 Kudos
FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I recommend you to read the following document that explains these concepts in more detail: https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/supporting-information/Enhanced-Direct-Memory-Access-Controller-Training...

Best regards,

Felipe

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note:

- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored. Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

0 Kudos