Using Secondary Pin Group of FlexSPI2 with NAND Flash on RT117x (MCU Boot Utility)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Secondary Pin Group of FlexSPI2 with NAND Flash on RT117x (MCU Boot Utility)

LuisC
Contributor II

Hello,

When experimenting with the MCU Boot Utility tool, I see that when "FLEXSPI NOR" is selected as the Boot Device, there is an "Enable Second Pinmux" option under "Boot Device Configuration." I am assuming this option is to indicate that the secondary pin group of FLEXSPI is being used for this external memory. For the project that we are working on, the secondary pin group of FlexSPI2 will be used with a NAND Flash memory. However, when selecting "FlexSPI NAND" as the boot device, I don't see this option. I also don't see an option to indicate that the memory will be connected to port A of the FlexSPI controller.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @LuisC ,

Thank you for your interest in the NXP MIMXRT product, I would like to provide service for you.

I already help you to check with our MCUBootutility author, who is also the flashloader expert.

The answer is: MCUbootutility just support the FSPI1 primary group  and FSPI2 primary group, no FSPI1 second group and FSPI2 second group now, but RT1170 chip can support it, just the tool still didn't support it.

If you want to download the code to the secondary group nand, you need to modify the flashloader code to let the flashloader download code to the secondary group for the nand. If you want to boot from the flexspi nand secondary group, you also need to burn the fuse:

kerryzhou_0-1686041505004.png

Wish it helps you!

If you still have questions about it, please kindly let me know.

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos

LuisC
Contributor II

So I see that I can burn the fuse through the eFuse Operation Utility on the tool. Is there any guide I can follow to modify the flashloader download code for this?

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @LuisC ,

Burn fuse is used to boot from the secondary pin group, if just download the app to the secondary pin group flash, then you need to modify the flashloader code, you can don't burn the fuse at first.

About the flashloader code modification guider, still no guider about the nandflash secondary pin now, you can refer to the primary pin code, configure the pinmux, then the flexspi interface for the nand but use the secondary pin group.

You need to check the source code directly:

SDK_2_13_10_MIMXRT1170-EVK\boards\evkmimxrt1170\bootloader_examples\flashloader\cm7

Wish it helps you!

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos