cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using MFGtools with MIMRX1060-EVK

Jump to solution
fmabrouk
Contributor III

I am using MFGtools to program the spi nor flash. I followed all the steps as described in some of the manuals. I initially set up the board for serial boot using the dip switches on SW7 and after I finished I put the dip switches back so that it is on internal boot. I reset the unit but I did not see the LED flashes.

any Idea what I could missed?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi fmabrouk,

Share you my related files, my .sb file can work on my side, it has been tested.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi fmabrouk,

Share you my related files, my .sb file can work on my side, it has been tested.

0 Kudos
fmabrouk
Contributor III

Hello Kerry!

Always thank you for your generous support. Yes, I managed to get MFG tool working with with my dev board for IMXRt1060 MCU.

Now, I am trying to repeat same process on my new dev board iMX RT1176xxxxA. I repeated same steps (of course with different files), but I could not get the blinky LED to work. Again I attached the files I generated.

I also added these to my IDE: XIP_EXTERNAL_FLASH=1, XIP_BOOT_HEADER_ENABLE=0,XIP_BOOT_HEADER_DCD_ENABLE=0. 

Please have a look and see if I am missing anything.

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi fmabrouk,

You are always welcome!

About the new question to RT1176xxxxA, could you please create a new question post or case? 

I also have the RT1176xxxxA board on my side, but the new case also need the working time, so could you please create one new case, if you still want me to provide service for you, you can write assign to Kerry Zhou in your question content.

After you create the new question, I will help you to test it on my MIMXRT1170-EVK board and reply to you in your new case, thanks a lot for your understanding!

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi fmabrouk,

In fact, if you just want to download the code, I highly suggest you use the MCUBootUtility tool instead of the MFG tool, MCUBootutility tool can be downloaded from this link, it is based on the GUI, and more easy to use, just need to provide the app firmware is OK. This tool is also based on the elftosb, blhost and sdphost.

https://github.com/JayHeng/NXP-MCUBootUtility/releases/tag/v3.0.0
the related user manual is:
https://github.com/JayHeng/NXP-MCUBootUtility

But talk back to your MFG tool question,  please refer to this application note step by step:

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN12108.pdf

.S19 is also OK, it is just the .srec, please don't worry.

You also need to use the imx-flexspinor-normal-unsigned.bd, program_flexspinor_image_qspinor.bd, do you also use that file?

I suggest you use the MCUBootUtiltiy tool to download the code at first, after it is success, you can try the MFG method again, the MCUbootUtility also have the detail command log.

BTW, in imx-flexspinor-normal-unsigned.bd you also can set your enterPointAddress to your real app entry point.

Eg, the following .srec or .s19, the entry point is :

entryPointAddress = 0x60004699;

image.png

Wish it helps you!

If you still have questions about it, please kindly let me know.

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos
fmabrouk
Contributor III

Hello Kerry!

I am not using this imx-flexspinor-plugin-unsigned.bd ; do I need to use it?

here is a log of what I did:

C:\Users\...\Documents\NXP Tools\FLASHLOADER-RT106x-1-GA\Flashloader_RT106x_1.0_GA\Tools\elftosb\win>elftosb.exe -f imx -V -c ../../bd_file/imx10xx/imx-flexspinor-normal-unsigned.bd -o ivt_evkmimxrt1060_igpio_led_output.bin evkmimxrt1060_igpio_led_output.bin
Section: 0x0
iMX bootable image generated successfully

C:\Users\..\Documents\NXP Tools\FLASHLOADER-RT106x-1-GA\Flashloader_RT106x_1.0_GA\Tools\elftosb\win>elftosb.exe -f kinetis -V -c ../../bd_file/imx10xx/program_flexspinor_image_qspinor.bd -o boot_image.sb ivt_evkmimxrt1060_igpio_led_output_nopadding.bin
Boot Section 0x00000000:
FILL | adr=0x00002000 | len=0x00000004 | ptn=0xc0000007
ENA | adr=0x00002000 | cnt=0x00000004 | flg=0x0900
ERAS | adr=0x60000000 | cnt=0x00010000 | flg=0x0000
FILL | adr=0x00003000 | len=0x00000004 | ptn=0xf000000f
ENA | adr=0x00003000 | cnt=0x00000004 | flg=0x0900
LOAD | adr=0x60001000 | len=0x00006b60 | crc=0xe6d8d7e0 | flg=0x0000

Attached are the boot files.

Can you please verify what's wrong?

About MCUboot utility, i am not able to open it on my wondows10. It just does not open up. Is there any changes I need to do to my PC?

Thank you

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi fmabrouk,

It's the imx-flexspinor-normal-unsigned.bd, not the imx-flexspinor-plugin-unsigned.bd, sorry for the mistyping in the last reply.

I checked your evkmimxrt1060_igpio_led_output.bin, it already contains the IVT area, when you generate the code, you need to refer to

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN12108.pdf

configure :

XIP_EXTERNAL_FLASH=1, XIP_BOOT_HEADER_ENABLE=0,XIP_BOOT_HEADER_DCD_ENABLE=0,

Then generate the .bin or .srec, and use the elftosb two command to generate the .sb again.

Your original evkmimxrt1060_igpio_led_output.bin should not contain the IVT header.

Please try it again.

Wish it helps you!

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos
fmabrouk
Contributor III

I initially used .bin file that I copied to elftosb\win directory.

But later when I tried using a .s19 file, the no boot image was generated.

0 Kudos
fmabrouk
Contributor III

In this case, do I need to generate a .srec output file? I am able to only generate .s19 file. How can I generated .serc file if that's what I need to copy to the MFGTool folder?

0 Kudos