cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using MCU Link (UART) to burn eFuse with MCU Boot Utility

Jump to solution
VolcanicCheese
Contributor III

Hey @diego_charles, I tried everything I could think of using the MCU Link w/ (LPUART1 ports) to burn eFuse with MCU Boot Utility with the board in Serial Downloader mode. The goal is to burn the eFuse to boot up in internal boot mode when doing boot by fuses. This is a continuation of this forum post: https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-RT/Trouble-flashing-custom-board-designed-based-on-the-1020-Eval/m...

This is my current setup:

VolcanicCheese_0-1646092629143.jpeg

I am using a power supply to provide power through the Vin pin. I saw a post about taking out jumpers for j25 and j26 for debugging through UART. I tried taking out (j25, j26), (j27, j28), (j25, j26, j27, j28) and keeping the default jumper set up. I tried switching the UART pins meaning switching the RX and TX pins. Also, I made sure to update the firmware of the MCU Link and when I press debug it detects the debug probe.

Question I was wondering what I am doing wrong when using the MCU Link w/ (LPUART1 ports) to burn eFuse with MCU Boot Utility with the board in Serial Downloader mode?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
Firstly, the Vin should be 5 V, then, the UART pin should choose the below pins.

jeremyzhou_0-1646104751891.png

In addition, don't forget to configure SW8 to 0001.
Last, I'm a bit confused about why you use such a complicated connection, you can use a USB cable to plug in the J23, it not only supplies the board but also integrates the serial port feature.
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
Firstly, the Vin should be 5 V, then, the UART pin should choose the below pins.

jeremyzhou_0-1646104751891.png

In addition, don't forget to configure SW8 to 0001.
Last, I'm a bit confused about why you use such a complicated connection, you can use a USB cable to plug in the J23, it not only supplies the board but also integrates the serial port feature.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.