Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Gui Guider with RGB TFT for I.MXRT 1170

Jump to solution
surendrakumar
Contributor I

Hi,

I am looking for a guide or application note that would help understand the way to use GUI Guider to develop UI for  a custom LCD then the ones provided in the sample applications. 

uC - I.MX RT 117x Custom hardware

LCD : 240x320 3.5" TFT

Interface : RGB888

Do we have option to use any other GUI engine to develop the UI ?

Thanks,

Suren

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
surendrakumar
Contributor I

Hi,

This might help others. 

The best and easy method to use a custom display (RGB) is to use the ELCDIF peripheral.

It is very easy to configure the ELCDIF peripheral is using the peripheral configurator. 

it has options to set the Panel timings , ISR , Color Format etc. 

The associated pins are to be configured in the pin configurator ( VSYNC , HSYNC , DE , R0-7 ,G 0-7 , B- 0-7

For writing the application , refer the example program evkmimxrt1170_lcdifv2_rgb565_cm7 in the SDK.

By default we get the LCD buffer in LCDIF_Buffer[2][H][V]. We can disable the double display buffer by modifying the implementation in peripheral.c.

Fill this buffer with the data to display and call ELCDIF_SetNextBufferAddr(LCDIF,
(uint32_t) LCDIF_Buffer[n]); (n being the buffer used)

It triggers the eLCDIF_IRQHandler() ISR once the frame is updated. 

Then we can use any graphics engine.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
surendrakumar
Contributor I

Hi,

This might help others. 

The best and easy method to use a custom display (RGB) is to use the ELCDIF peripheral.

It is very easy to configure the ELCDIF peripheral is using the peripheral configurator. 

it has options to set the Panel timings , ISR , Color Format etc. 

The associated pins are to be configured in the pin configurator ( VSYNC , HSYNC , DE , R0-7 ,G 0-7 , B- 0-7

For writing the application , refer the example program evkmimxrt1170_lcdifv2_rgb565_cm7 in the SDK.

By default we get the LCD buffer in LCDIF_Buffer[2][H][V]. We can disable the double display buffer by modifying the implementation in peripheral.c.

Fill this buffer with the data to display and call ELCDIF_SetNextBufferAddr(LCDIF,
(uint32_t) LCDIF_Buffer[n]); (n being the buffer used)

It triggers the eLCDIF_IRQHandler() ISR once the frame is updated. 

Then we can use any graphics engine.

0 Kudos