Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Arduino interface on IMXRT1020EVKHUG development board

Jump to solution
mark_ofarrell
Contributor I

Hello,

I am trying to use the Arduino interface on the IMXRT1020EVKHUG development board and have noticed that many of the pins are used twice, e.g. J19/Pin4 is also connected to KSZ8081 ethernet chip. There are no links to disable it, so how is it possible to use the Arduino pins? That is just one example of many.

Your advice would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
1) There are no links to disable it, so how is it possible to use the Arduino pins?
-- Actually, I know what you worry about, on the MIMXRT1020 board, many pins of i.MX RT1020 is connected to either different chips or positions. The purpose of design is used to demonstrate the different functions of the pin, as the pin usually support a variety of function, however, it can't support multiple functions at the same time.
So this design wouldn't cause any interference to pins, even these pins connect either different chips or positions.
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
1) There are no links to disable it, so how is it possible to use the Arduino pins?
-- Actually, I know what you worry about, on the MIMXRT1020 board, many pins of i.MX RT1020 is connected to either different chips or positions. The purpose of design is used to demonstrate the different functions of the pin, as the pin usually support a variety of function, however, it can't support multiple functions at the same time.
So this design wouldn't cause any interference to pins, even these pins connect either different chips or positions.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos