Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use usb host port on MXRT1050-evk

Jump to solution
poneponecar
Contributor I

Hi,

There are two usb ports available on the MXRT1050-EVK, J9 is the OTG port, and J10 is the usb host port according to the EVK user guide.

The usb examples provided in the SDK, even the usb host example, for example, the host_cdc_bm, all use the J9, i.e. the OTG port.

How could I modify the examples to use J10 as to connect to my own USB device? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jay Yeh,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
To select alternative CONTROLLER ID: kUSB_ControllerEhci1.

Please give a try.
Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jay Yeh,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
To select alternative CONTROLLER ID: kUSB_ControllerEhci1.

Please give a try.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
amwilhite
Contributor III

jeremyzhou

In both the source code and the USB stack documentation, the following comment exists:

/*!< EHCI 1U, Currently, there are no platforms which have two EHCI IPs, this is reserved
to be used in the future. */

I assume that this comment is out of date and that the RT1050 does use both kUSB_ControllerEhci0 and kUSB_ControllerEhci1. The comment and documentation should be updated to reflect this.

0 Kudos
poneponecar
Contributor I

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for the reply. Your solution works perfectly.

0 Kudos