Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use FlexSPI_B on i.MX rt1010

Jump to solution
sbranover
Contributor I

Hi,

I would like to use both FlexSPI_A and FlexSPI_B with the i.MX rt1010

The device needs to support both boot from FlexSPI_A  and Serial Bootloader however the boot config and boot mode pins overlap with FlexSPI_B. Any chance there is a reference design demonstrating this use case?

It is my understanding that I can simply use:

BOOT_MODE[1:0] = 0b00 to boot from FlexSPI_A (since only FlexSPI (NOR) boot is supported so default efuses should be sufficient) that way the BT_CFG pins are ignored (and can be used for FlexSPI_B)

BOOT_MODE[1:0] = 0b01 to force the Serial Bootloader

Would that configuration work? Or do I need to use pull downs for the BOOT_CFG[3:0], my main concern is that BOOT_CFG[2] is also FLEXSPI_B_SS0_B which needs to be pulled up.

Thanks,

S

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi sbranover,

In your testing demo board, you can add it, after you finish the whole hardware and software design, you can remove it, and use the fuse to boot it.

About your question: Is there any issue with using FlexSPI_B2 and not FlexSPI_B1 (by setting sflashB1_Size = 0)?

Check these information from the RM, you will be clear:

kerryzhou_0-1618282257176.png

kerryzhou_1-1618282263904.png

But from the BOOT system:

kerryzhou_2-1618282342041.png

No B_SS1 for your usage, so I think, you may still need to use the B_SS0, and sflashB1_Size data, not FlexSPI_B2

Wish it helps you!

Best Regards,

kerry

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi sbranover,

Do you also use the FlexSPI_B port in your hardware?

From the RT1010 reference manual, we can know, it is boot from FlexSPI_A port in default:

kerryzhou_0-1618207360711.png

kerryzhou_1-1618207368008.png

Boot MODE pin normally is detected during the POR and the reset, so if you make sure the boot MODE pin is correct during POR or the reset, you still can use it as the flexSPI_B port:

kerryzhou_2-1618207552087.png

kerryzhou_3-1618207572185.png

CFG is also the same, just make sure the boot phase, the level are OK.

When you in the design phase, you can use the external CFG as the boot pin, but after you have design it to the production, you can use the fuse CFG instead of the external GPIO pin, then it will be just use as the flexSPI_B port, so you need to add the related pullup and pull down, just make sure the boot works OK at first, then you can connect to your related external memory.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have questions about it, please kindly let me know.

Best Regards,

kerry

0 Kudos
sbranover
Contributor I

Thanks Kerry,

"Do you also use the FlexSPI_B port in your hardware?"

Yes, but I am booting from FlexSPI_A.

Ideally I'd like to avoid having pull-up and pull downs on the QSPI lines but it seems that is unavoidable.

Is there any issue with using FlexSPI_B2 and not FlexSPI_B1 (by setting sflashB1_Size = 0)?

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi sbranover,

In your testing demo board, you can add it, after you finish the whole hardware and software design, you can remove it, and use the fuse to boot it.

About your question: Is there any issue with using FlexSPI_B2 and not FlexSPI_B1 (by setting sflashB1_Size = 0)?

Check these information from the RM, you will be clear:

kerryzhou_0-1618282257176.png

kerryzhou_1-1618282263904.png

But from the BOOT system:

kerryzhou_2-1618282342041.png

No B_SS1 for your usage, so I think, you may still need to use the B_SS0, and sflashB1_Size data, not FlexSPI_B2

Wish it helps you!

Best Regards,

kerry

0 Kudos