Use FlexPWM output as QTimer clock

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use FlexPWM output as QTimer clock

kendalla59
Contributor I

I am using a FlexPWM to generate the step signal for a stepper motor driver chip. I want to keep an exact count of the number of steps I command to the chip. My plan is to route the FlexPWM output to a QTimer, but I'm a bit confused on how to go about doing this. I'll need to setup the pinmux appropriately of course.

Assuming I can jumper a wire from the PWM pin to an input pin, how do I configure the QTimer block? Can I skip the jumper wire and simply use the Xbar for this? I'm fairly new to the RT so this has me stumped for now.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply

FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Kendall,

I recommend you to check our qtmr_inputcapture_outputpwm SDK example. You can download the SDK in this link. 

Welcome | MCUXpresso SDK Builder

This project is a demonstration of the SDK QTMR driver's input capture and output pwm feature. 

Hope it helps!

Best regards,

Felipe

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note:

- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored.

Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

0 Kudos