cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usb uvc csi ov5640 camera with RT1170 problem

Corrado0890
Contributor I

Dear community,

I have to implement an usb uvc csi camera with ov5640 sensor over a RT1176 mcu. The goal is to receive a 720p rgb565 with 30 fps video stream.
My current project (in attached) is based on eaimxrt1176_csi_mipi_rgb_cm7, eaimxrt1176_dev_video_camera_bm_cm7 and evkbimxrt1050_uvc_demo demo projects.
As you can see from attached images, instead of normal images from the camera, I get half screen with a doubled image with wrong colors with very low fps.
Also the camera test bar are doubled and with wrong colors and I have no idea what is wrong.

Please, someone could give me some ideas to fix the problems and help me to understand what is causing such behaviour?
Consider that is my first time with this mcu, cameras and in general with the usb.

Many thanks in advance, regards,
Corrado

0 Kudos
1 Reply

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Corrado,

Is the problem still present? There is no much documentation on that specific use case, but there are indeed several variables to consider.

You would need to make sure that the USB enumeration and data flow is correct, and that it’s also correctly interpreted by the processor. USB video/audio is tricky, there are several threads on this topic but there is not a definitive document for reference.

The CSI MIPI driver does support rgb565, so first you would need to make sure the format is correctly being read from the USB camera. Then that it is correctly being drawn to the LCD. It could be that the LCD resolution or format is not correct and that’s why the image is showing double and not covering the whole display.

Please let us know if you make progress in your project.

Regards,
Gustavo

0 Kudos