Looking for solutions for updating the firmware for i.MX RT1052 (EVK) which is using external Flash. The new file will be available in pen drive which would get connected on USB Host port on the EVK. Pl help / suggest with any ready example code to achieve this.
Dear NXP Team
Am very thankful for your quick replies
As the subject is bit vast I am taking bit of time to go through the resources. Its indeed helpful but one concern is that our requirement for flash update via USB (pen drive) has to happen without the intervention of a PC /Pc software. The display screen will be used to interact with the user while initiating update process. Since we have completed the software development work without OS we would build simple screens to access Pendrive. If an example with this concept be shared it would help further to simply and complete our work quickly
Further support on this would be highly appreciated
thanks a lot
Thanks for sharing this detailed information Jay_heng
I am going through the documents but just to let you know we have developed a HMI using this NXP base design reference
We have built API which facilitates a pen drive (USB) and SD card interface from the CPU card and associated navigation and screens are integrated
Now the requirement is to provide a facility from these screens to read the file from pen drive and go for firmware update
If you can help us with some example code as per the following,
1. On power on our boot firmware will wait for availability of pen drive on USB port for 10 seconds
2. Firmware will read software version already programmmed on Flash to ne one in pendrive
3. If both are different and the one in pen drive is of higher version, firmware will display messages on the screen and wait for ENT key from the user
4. If it is of lower version, then it will again prompt the user to downgrade or abort
5. Further on OKAY from user, File read from USB will happen. HERE WE NEED TO KNOW HOW THIS ENTIRE FILE CAN BE STORED BEFORE FLASH ERASE AND WHERE IT SHOULD BE STORED TEMPORARILY
6. We need you to help us in this section about how we can initiate Flash erase, write, read cycles and confirm the newly written firmware is crosschecked with the file available in the pen drive
USB pen drive uploading is available at
(including displaying loading progress on TFT display, if desired).
Off-the-shelf solution (available for all i.MX RT 10x parts without any porting needed) used in numerous products with proven reliability. Supports AES256 encryption and clone protection for worry-free distribution.