Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unsupported SFDP Version

Jump to solution
nick_j
Contributor III

Hello,

We are imXRT1062 chip and using MT25QL128ABA as a flash device. I am trying to test the flash by imitating the evkmimxrt1060_flash_component_nor example. I have assumed that the Nor_Flash_Init function from the fsl_flexspi_nor_flash driver will work with the correct config parameters.

The driverBaseAddr and devicePort int the config are correct, all other config values are as they are in the example. When run, the initialisation returns a status of kStatus_FLEXSPINOR_Unsupported_SFDP_Version, which comes from a FLEXSPI_NOR_ReadSFDP operation which returns kStatus_FLEXSPI_IpCommandSequenceError which signifies a timeout error occurred during FLEXSPI transfer.

I will look into more about the timeout error next week, but just wanted to ask if my approach seems correct. I also want to ask if the SFDP version actually unsupported for this memory device, or is there something that I am overlooking?

Thanks,

Nick

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
nick_j
Contributor III

Hi Alexis,

I have solved the issue, it was to do with the Rx Source Clocking configuration. In the nor flash example the clock source is configured to loopback through DQS pad, however our custom setup is not configured to do that and so the source needs to loopback internally.

Nick

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
5 Replies
Alexis_A
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @nick_j,

Did you update the LUT with the command parameters for your memory and the timing parameters?

Best Regards,
Alexis Andalon

0 Kudos
nick_j
Contributor III

Hi Alexis,

I believe this is before the command and timing parameters are needed to be loaded into the LUT. The LUT is being updated with a kSerialFlash_ReadSFDP command so the FlexSPI can read the flash device SFPD signature and Revision. 

Stepping through the code, the command for reading SFDP (0x5A) is loaded into the LUT. Once the IP command is triggered, the RxFIFO is accessed, however the correct signature (0x50444653) is not there. Instead the signature value that is read is 0x18181818, and so the flash device is seen as not a valid.

I have queried the device with a regular SPI interface and have received the correct SFDP signature.

I am using the evkmimxrt1060_flash_component_nor example as guidance. do you know if the Nor Flash Initialization process from that example is transferable, or is it only really for evk usage? I am not very familiar with configuring flash devices, perhaps there is something I am overlooking?

Thanks,

Nick

0 Kudos
Alexis_A
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @nick_j,

Can you let me know when you perform the FLEXSPI_NOR_GenerateConfigBlockUsingSFDP how many pads are enabled for the command?

Also, as a suggestion, could you try the flexspi_nor_polling_transfer to check if any commands as the read or write can be used?

Best Regards,

Alexis Andalon

0 Kudos
nick_j
Contributor III

Hi Alexis,

I have solved the issue, it was to do with the Rx Source Clocking configuration. In the nor flash example the clock source is configured to loopback through DQS pad, however our custom setup is not configured to do that and so the source needs to loopback internally.

Nick

Tags (1)
yanz
Contributor III

Hello Rick,

we're facing the same problem.

Could you please describe the solution with attached code?

Thank you in advance,

Yan

0 Kudos