Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unresolved Inclusion "boot_multicore_slave.h" RT1176

Jump to solution
D_TTSA
Contributor V

Good day

I am trying to create two projects - a master (m7 core) project and a slave (m4 core) project.

However, whenever I create the master project, there is an unresolved inclusion error for the "boot_multicore_slave.h" header file. I have tried adding various components but nothing has resolved this.

Is my only option to remove this and use the "mcmgr.h" header file and associated middleware, like the hello world multi-core projects do?

I am using the latest version of MCUXpresso, an RT1170 EVK, and the latest SDK version.

Kind regards

0 Kudos
1 Solution
victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

Regarding the problems when creating a multicore project from scratch, this is a problem with the SDK. The corresponding team is already checking this, so it will be fixed in future releases. In the meanwhile, instead of creating a multicore project from scratch, you will need to use as a base one of the SDK example projects and add the drivers that you want. 

Regarding the question about the Ethernet. Since this is not related to the original question, I have to ask you to create a new community thread. I apologize for the inconvenience that this might cause you. 

Regards,
Victor 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

I was able to replicate the behavior that you mentioned. I'm checking this internally. I'll give you an update as soon as possible. 

Regards,
Victor 

0 Kudos
D_TTSA
Contributor V

Great, thank you @victorjimenez .

I have another question for the same setup: I am trying to make the M4 control Ethernet communication via the KSZ8081.

To do this, I've tried to copy the pinmux setup in the evkmimxrt1170_enet_txrx_transfer_cm4 example (a cm4 standalone project) in my M4SLAVE project, but the pinmux file won't generate when I click on 'Update Code' (see screenshot below).

Pinmux_no_gen.jpg

I have also included a screenshot of the warning I get under "problems", below.

Pinmux_warning.jpg

Could someone please tell me how I can fix this?

Kind regards

0 Kudos
victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

Regarding the problems when creating a multicore project from scratch, this is a problem with the SDK. The corresponding team is already checking this, so it will be fixed in future releases. In the meanwhile, instead of creating a multicore project from scratch, you will need to use as a base one of the SDK example projects and add the drivers that you want. 

Regarding the question about the Ethernet. Since this is not related to the original question, I have to ask you to create a new community thread. I apologize for the inconvenience that this might cause you. 

Regards,
Victor 

0 Kudos
D_TTSA
Contributor V

@victorjimenez thank you for your response.

I adapted the mcmgr examples for my use.

Please see my other forum post (https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-RT/Cannot-use-ConfigTools-for-Pinmux-in-M4-Slave-project-for-RT117... for my ConfigTools question.

victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, 

One of my colleagues is already reviewing the other thread. He will give you an update as soon as possible. 

Regards,
Victor 

0 Kudos
D_TTSA
Contributor V

Great, thank you @victorjimenez !

0 Kudos