USB peripheral circuit on i.MX RT

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB peripheral circuit on i.MX RT

er_arpit_arora
Contributor III

Hello, I want to build an SD card reader using i.MX RT1060.

I am wondering if there are any application notes or reference designs for building USB peripheral devices for i.MX RT series or similar processors.

I want some guidance (reference designs) around what inductors, ferrite beads, ESD protection components need to placed to form a USB peripheral device with i.MX RT1060.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

fangfang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Please refer to the information as the below:

URL:https://ww.w.nxp.com/docs/en/nxp/data-sheets/IMXRT1060IEC.pdf .

And reference designs please refer to the schematic of imxrt1060 EVK as the link.

URL:i.MX RT1060 Evaluation Kit | NXP .

Hope it help you.
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

er_arpit_arora
Contributor III

Hi Fang, thank you for your reply. The links you provided are definitely a good starting point. I had been through them already. I have 2 questions.

Question #1: If I have to design an SD card reader which plugs into the computers USB port, is it the USB OTG circuitry below which is relevant for my use, since the computer is going to act as the host.

Question #2: Could you please describe what does the USB POWER circuitry do (in the attached schematic)?

Thank you for your reply. I really appreciate it.USB_iMXRT1060.PNG

0 Kudos

fangfang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

You are welcome.

Question #1: If I have to design an SD card reader which plugs into the computers USB port, is it the USB OTG circuitry below which is relevant for my use, since the computer is going to act as the host.

A: Yes, you may refer to the schematic,

Question #2: Could you please describe what does the USB POWER circuitry do (in the attached schematic)?

A: When USB_OTG1_ID is high. Beacause of the role of 2SK3018 MOSFET. The EN interface of NX5P3090UK is low.  And then there is not output of 5V_USB_OTG. So the RT1050EVKB is "DEVICE".

When USB OTG To Host is connected to the RT1050EVKB  , the USB OTG1 ID is automatically switched to a low level, So the EN interface of the NX5P3090UK is high. At this time, there is a 5V_USB_OTG output voltage, so the RT1050EVKB can be used as“HOST” .

Hope it help you.

er_arpit_arora
Contributor III

Ok thanks Fang, I think this is a good start. I need to read up on USB basics to make more sense.

0 Kudos