USB_OTG1_PWR, OC & VBUS

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB_OTG1_PWR, OC & VBUS

er_arpit_arora
Contributor III

Hello NXP, I am not able to find the purpose of the following signals on i.MX RT1060.

USB_OTG1_PWR

USB_OTG1_OC

USB_OTG1_VBUS

In the documentation, there is no reference either. Below is the only relevant section I could find which doesn't explain much.

Could someone please provide some more details around the function of these signals?

usb_otg.PNG

Tags (1)
5 Replies

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

1. USB_OTGx_VBUS is the input for the external VBUS voltage. When the port operates as USB Device, this input should be supplied by the VBUS voltage from the USB connector. When the port operates as the USB Host, this input should be supplied by an external on-board +5V supply that also provides the VBUS voltage to the USB connector.

2. USB_OTGx_PWR is the logic output, operating as GPIO to control an external switch that provides the in-system VBUS power in Host mode.

3. USB_OTGx_OC is the logic GPIO input that allows the USB core to detect the VBUS overcurrent (overload) event with an external current sensor when operating in Host mode.

Have a great day,
Artur

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

er_arpit_arora
Contributor III

Artur, so if I have to design an SD card reader, does that mean I only need to be connect USB_OTG1_VBUS signal and not worry about connecting the USB_OTG1_OC and USB_OTG1_PWR signals at all, since the i.MX RT1060 will be operating in device mode for an SD card reader setup.

0 Kudos

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, your understanding is correct.

Artur.

er_arpit_arora
Contributor III

Thanks a lot for confirming Artur!!!

0 Kudos

er_arpit_arora
Contributor III

Thanks Artur, let me look at the schematics on the evaluation board to make sure I understand everything correctly. I will keep you posted.

0 Kudos