cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Audio Speaker demo i.MXRT1050

psdev
Contributor I

Hi

I'm trying out the USB Audio Speaker demo on the i.MX RT1050 development board. The project compiles and executes on the board, but the sound doesn't get through to the audio jack. Has anyone managed to get this demo working?

Some details:

Board evkbimrxt1050

SDK_2.x_EVKB-IMXRT1050 version 2.4.2

project dev_audio_speaker_bm

IDE MCUXpresso

Tool chain gcc

The demo is supposed to implement a USB Audio Class device. This shows up when I run the demo and plug in the USB cable. I can select it for audio output and I see that sound data are sent over the USB link. However, the callback functions for processing the audio data are never called, so the sound data never makes it to the codec.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Please avoid using USB HUBs and try with direct connection to computer’s USB ports.

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

kevinfrank
Contributor I

Not using USB Hubs is not an acceptable solution for a USB product? Please explain your reasoning for advising a user to not use a standard USB hub?

Are you aware of some sort of USB hardware and/or firmware issue/limitation when USB Hubs are used with this chip? Please elaborate.

0 Kudos