cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transition from i.MXRT1020 EVK to production PCB - debugger issue

davidagraham
Contributor I

Good morning,

I have developed my 90% of my application code on the i.MXRT1020-EVK. My newly designed board is basically a copy paste of the eval board minus the unneeded hardware. I am using the i.MXRT1021 microcontroller with an external XIP memory through Quad SPI. I am not using external RAM on this application. The memory chip is IS25LP064A-JBLE connected the same as the Eval board.

The flash seems to be programming as I see the results by watching the console output when running the GUI Flash Tool:

PIC2.JPG

PIC3.JPG

When I try to debug using a PEMicro Universal Multilink FX , something is going wrong. 

When I start debugging, the contents of the memory addresses do not match what should be programmed; i just see a series of mov instructions. Please see in the picture below. I put a break point in the startup code:

PIC1.JPG

I did read another persons post with a similar problem and followed their fix, unfortunately this did not work for me. First I changed the flash driver to the generic one and modified the memory configuration.

PIC4.JPG

To reduce the clutter I have reverted to a small example code supplied with the SDK called evkmimxrt1020_igpio_led_output. With the aforementioned modifications this code runs on the eval board but not on my target.

Here are my processor settings:

PIC6.JPG

I have worked on this for a few days now to no avail. I know I must missing a setting somewhere ...

If you could point me in the correct direction please.

Thanks, Dave

0 Kudos
0 Replies