cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trace via ETB and SWD

chriscowdery
Contributor V

Hi All,

I have been trying to understand the various trace options with the iMXRT1021, IAR Embedded Workbench, and J-Link connected via SWD (just SWDIO and SWCLK pins).

(As an aside, with the 100pin iMXRT1021, you cannot use SWO or TRACE[] if you want to use Ethernet in your application - this seems like a very poor choice of pin allocation for a communications processor!!)

I believe I can use ETM configured to fill the ETB, and get the information out through the J-Link.

Am I right? Is there any code I need to run in my project to configure the ETM / ETB? Or should it be done by the IAR tools?

Thanks,

Chris.

Labels (1)
Tags (5)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Chris,

You are correct. Unfortunately, the SWO function is not present on the debug header. This will be fixed on newer RT parts, such as RT1064.

In addition, there is a community document regarding SWO on i.MX RT1064 EVK that you may find useful.

https://community.nxp.com/community/mcuxpresso/mcuxpresso-ide/blog/2019/06/10/swo-with-nxp-imx-rt106... 

Best regards,

Felipe

chriscowdery
Contributor V

Great - thankyou.

I am using IAR EWARM, so I believe that has SWO turned on by default, if your debug probe supports it...

Chris.

0 Kudos