There is no COM port with RT106A board

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There is no COM port with RT106A board

sun_xinrui
Contributor I

What I am using is RT106A board, I found there is no COM port after connected with USB cable.

There was following log message after J-link connected.

"Error: DAP error while reading DP-Ctrl-Stat register"

I tried to flash bootloader and bootstrap, after that, the error message gone, but still no COM port after USB connected.

With same bootloader and bootstrap image, it works on another RT106A board.

Do you have any suggestion?

Thanks,

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi ,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and
for the opportunity to serve you.
According to your description, this issue happens in one board, however, another identical board doesn't have it.
So I was wondering if you can introduce the testing process of replicating the phenomenon, it can help me to figure it out.
Looking forward to your reply.

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

sun_xinrui
Contributor I

Appreciate for your kind help.

What I have done is to use j-link commandar to load the bin files.

1, loadbin slnalexaiot_bootloader.bin 0x60040000

2, loadbin slnalexaiot_bootstrap.bin 0x60000000

3, loadbin slnalexaiot_ais_demo.bin 0x60300000 ( As i remember, I used bad address 0x20000000 (ram address) at the beginning)

Now when I connect the RT106A board with USB cable only, there is no COM port (Or unrecognized devices) in PC's device manager.

Thanks,

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi xinui sun,

Thanks for your clarification.
After loading the bins files to the external flash, and after power up again, MCU will run the above image file and it will employ USB module, however, PC can't recognize the USB device after connecting the USB cable, is this right?

In further, whether you can upload the schematic of the RT106A board.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

sun_xinrui
Contributor I

Hi Jeremy,

After connected with PC, there is nothing happened in my PC, no unrecognized device and no COM port.  I am not sure it is a hardware issue or software issue. Shall we need to update DAP firmware like 1050 in following page? I still not find the document for RT106A.

https://www.nxp.com/design/microcontrollers-developer-resources/ides-for-kinetis-mcus/opensda-serial...

I don't have permission to upload the schematic. I will check it with our HW team to make sure no problem about HW. If we confirm it is a software issue I will update the case again.

Appreciate for your kind help.

Thanks,

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi xinui sun,

Thanks for your reply.
It allows you to select the MIMXRT1060 board actually, then you can download the firmware for the board.

pastedImage_1.png

Note:

0 Kudos