The processor freezes even if watchdog is enabled.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The processor freezes even if watchdog is enabled.

Jump to solution
cerma
Contributor IV

Hello everyone.,

I´m using custom PCB with i.MX1061, MCUXpresso11.2, SDK2.8.0 Manifest Ver 3.6.0, BareMetal, Win10.

The program runs from an external Flash SPI. I'm using power save mode. One GPT timer and three UARTs are still ON. Every minute, the MCU wakes up itself(LPM_PowerModeLowPowerRun --> LPM_PowerModeFullRun) and then goes back to sleep (LPM_PowerModeFullRun --> LPM_PowerModeLowPowerRun).
After 1 to 3 days the i.MX1061 freezes (WatchDog is ENABLED). At that moment, I am not able to connect to the processor via JTag. The WatchDog does not reset the processor. I inserted an LED to the WDOG_Refresh function (WDOG1_PERIPHERAL);. I know the program is definitely frozen. When I press the reset button, the processor starts up again.
However, WatchDog module is enabled and working. When I insert WHILE (1) into the same code, the processor is reset by the WatchDog.
I only use WD1. Why doesn't WatchDog WD1 reset the processor? Did I set WD1 correctly?

Thank you for your advice.

Regards

Jaroslav C.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
cerma
Contributor IV

Hi Kerry,

This question is different. I started to suspect WachDog settings. I did not have the WDT bit set. A POR reset was not performed but only a COLD reset was performed. This caused the processor to freeze.

Best Regards,

Jaroslav C.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
cerma
Contributor IV

Hi Kerry,

This question is different. I started to suspect WachDog settings. I did not have the WDT bit set. A POR reset was not performed but only a COLD reset was performed. This caused the processor to freeze.

Best Regards,

Jaroslav C.

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi cerma,

Seems this issue is the same issue as your another case:

https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-RT/Freezes-microcontroller-i-MXRT1061/td-p/1162948

Could you test the run mode without the low power mode, whether hardfault or the freeze still happen or not?

Any updated information, please kindly let me know.

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos