cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The code can run only when debuging

lyk
Contributor I

Hello:

I have a problem on the MIMXRT1051.The chip is in internal boot mode.I can download and debug the code.

But the code doesn't run after power on again.I want to know how to solve the problem.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi ly K,

Do you configure the correct BOOT_CFG pin?

Please tell me which board you are using? The NXP official board? 

About the code, do you also try the SDK project?

Please check the BOOT_CFG GPIO pin at first, this is very important to the code boot.

Please also check, you really download your code to the external flash. Please also tell me which external flash you are using?

Wish it helps you!.

If you still have question about it, please kindly let me know.

Kerry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

lyk
Contributor I

Hello:

Thank you very much for the response.

I config BOOT_CFG pin as blew:

pastedImage_1.png

I don't use the NXP official board.

The external flash is SST26VF016B. And I modify the FLM project according to the datasheet.

I am not sure if I download  firmware to the external flash.When debuging, I check the data at 

address 0x60000000. The data is right compared with the bin file. 

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi ly K,

Thanks for your updated information.

So, when you debug the code, the code is really executed from the 0X6000000 right?

What's the code you are using? Do you enable the XIP, it will add the boot header from 0X6000000, and the 0X60001000 will add the IVT code.

Could you please use our MCUBootUtility tool download the code on your side, and check whether it can be connected in the serial download mode, and program the flash?

https://github.com/JayHeng/NXP-MCUBootUtility/archive/v2.2.0.zip

the related user manual is:
https://github.com/JayHeng/NXP-MCUBootUtility

Please try it on your side.

Any updated information, please kindly let me know.

Kerry

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos