cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tensorflow Lite Micro on RT 600 DSP

rt600user
Contributor I

Hello there,

Similar to TFLite for Microcontrollers on RT686, I'm trying to run tflite micro examples on an RT600 board which I've built for the Xtensa HiFi 4 on the board.

In case it helps someone else, the procedure for building seems relatively straightforward, assuming MCUXpresso and Xtensa tools are setup correctly:

# DSP toolchain
export XTENSA_CORE=nxp_rt600_RI2019_newlib
export XTENSA_SYSTEM=/opt/xtensa/XtDevTools/install/builds/RI-2019.1-linux/$XTENSA_CORE/config
export XTENSA_TOOLS_ROOT=/opt/xtensa/XtDevTools/install/tools/RI-2019.1-linux/XtensaTools

# MCU toolchain
export MCUXPRESSO_TOOLCHAIN=/usr/local/mcuxpressoide-11.1.1_3241/ide/plugins/com.nxp.mcuxpresso.tools.linux_11.1.0.202001081728/tools

# Export paths
PATH=$MCUXPRESSO_TOOLCHAIN/bin:$PATH
PATH=$XTENSA_TOOLS_ROOT/bin:$PATH

# Clone and build
git clone https://github.com/tensorflow/tensorflow
cd tensorflow
make -f tensorflow/lite/micro/tools/make/Makefile clean test_keyword_benchmark TARGET=xtensa_hifi TARGET_ARCH=hifi4 TAGS=xtensa_hifi

I used this to build two examples and one benchmark on the master branch @ 0f63bc53 and obtained these binaries:

and tried flashing them using the GUI flash tool in MCUXpresso (through SEGGER J-Link probe) but I get this error towards the end of the process:

Downloading file [/home/user/Workspace/tensorflow/tensorflow/lite/micro/tools/make/gen/xtensa_hifi_hifi4/bin/keyword_benchmark.hex]...
Writing target memory failed.
Script processing completed.
****** Error: Could not start CPU core. (ErrorCode: -2)
Unable to perform operation!
Command failed with exit code 1

Please see full logs attached, including the binaries and deployment scripts generated by the GUI flash tool.

Kind regards

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Abe Mbise,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and
for the opportunity to serve you.
Before answering your question, I need to know what board you used.

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

rt600user
Contributor I

Hi, It's the i.MX RT600 Evaluation Kit | NXP board. Regards.

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Abe Mbise,

Thanks for your reply.
Firstly, I'm not sure the generated image file is suited to the i.MX RT685 actually, secondary, to program the image file to the QSPI, you can try either the J-Flash Lite or the NXP-MCUBootUtility tools.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos