cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support for HAB in Zephyr

scribble
Contributor I

Hi guys,

I'm currently evaluating if Zephyr running on the i.MX RT series will be viable for an IIoT project due to complete at the end of 2020, however I'm concerned that it may be missing key support around security required for a modern IoT device. Can I please confirm the following:

- Does Zephyr work alongside HAB for secure booting? (i.e. does mcuboot support HAB), if not, is this on the roadmap? If so, where can I find documentation?

- Does Zephyr make use of any of the hardware encryption and other security features of the i.MX RT range?

Many thanks

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

bobbychen197805
Contributor II

Hi guys, I have obtained this document (AN12681) and read it carefully, but the problem is that I can't find any information about Zephyr in the document.

My situation is: the code I built on MCUXpresso can perform a secure boot smoothly, but the code generated with Zephyr cannot. It looks like the XIP Header has not been removed. How to set up correctly in Zephyr?

0 Kudos

victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Alistair Lowe, 

- Does Zephyr work alongside HAB for secure booting? (i.e. does mcuboot support HAB), if not, is this on the roadmap? If so, where can I find documentation?

Yes, Zephyr works alongside with HAB for secure booting. You can request the download of the application note, How to use HAB secure boot in i.MX RT10xx in the following link. Additional to that, the following community document gives a detailed analysis of how HAB works, RT1050 HAB Encrypted Image Generation and Analysis

- Does Zephyr make use of any of the hardware encryption and other security features of the i.MX RT range?

For this question, it will be necessary to contact Zephyr directly. 

Have a great day,
Victor

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos