Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source code aviable for elftosb for i.MX RT1050

Jump to solution
renélüllau
Contributor II

Hello,

I try to create an sb file from an elf file with the elftosb tool under Ubuntu. The problem is that the tool crashes when I execute it with the command

./elftosb-f kinetis -V -c ../../../bd_file/imx10xx/program_flexspinor_image_qspinor.bd -o boot_image.sb ivt_flexspi_nor_nopadding.bin

The terminal shows just a memory access error so it seems to be a stack overflow. The ivt_flexspi_nor_nopadding.bin file is created correct.

Because nxp don't seem to support the i.MX RT1050 under Ubuntu and the tools actively it would be nice to get the source code for the elftosb tool so i can solve the problem myself.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
1 Solution
renélüllau
Contributor II

I solved the problem now by myself. I use the imx_usb_loader with a custom config for the RT1050 to load the flashloader into the RAM and then i use blhost to configure the flash and download the code to the RT1050.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
jay_heng
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You can also try this tool, with this tool, You can flash bare image into various boot devices easily and don't need to care about headers (ivt, boot data...)

GitHub - JayHeng/nxp-sec-boot-ui: A one-stop GUI tool to work with NXP MCU (Kinetis, i.MXRT, LPC) RO... 

0 Kudos
renélüllau
Contributor II

I solved the problem now by myself. I use the imx_usb_loader with a custom config for the RT1050 to load the flashloader into the RAM and then i use blhost to configure the flash and download the code to the RT1050.

antoinezen
Contributor III

renélüllau Also, can you provide the imx_usb_loader configuration file(s) ? Thanks!

0 Kudos
antoinezen
Contributor III

Hi René,

I have the same problem. Can you describe in detail how you solve this ? Just copy-past the command you use. That would be very useful to other Ubuntu users as well.

0 Kudos
2winkle
Contributor III

Found a similar thread....https://community.nxp.com/thread/466540 

0 Kudos
renélüllau
Contributor II

I found that thread too but that isn't the source code i was searching for and that thread dont realy got answered correctly. I thought that maybe in the mean time that nxp maybe released the source code for the elftosb tool for the RT1050.

0 Kudos