Simple FLEXSPI example not working on iMXRT600 to read vendor ID

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple FLEXSPI example not working on iMXRT600 to read vendor ID

elemindengineer
Contributor II

Hello I am having issues doing a simple FlexSPI transaction to read a vendor ID on my flash chip. I am using a custom board with a RT600 and Winbond 4Gb NAND chip, the W25Q64JW, see data sheet here connected over SPI to flexspi port A:

https://www.winbond.com/hq/support/documentation/levelOne.jsp?__locale=en&DocNo=DA00-W25N04KW

elemindengineer_7-1665073265860.png

What I am trying to do is read the JDEC ID, from the data sheet, should be pretty simple

elemindengineer_0-1665073218541.png

I defined a command in my LUT to do this, so the sequence should be:

• kFLEXSPI_Command_SDR, kFLEXSPI_1PAD, 0x9F
  • kFLEXSPI_Command_DUMMY_SDR, kFLEXSPI_1PAD, 0x08
  • kFLEXSPI_Command_READ_SDR, kFLEXSPI_1PAD, 0x03
  • kFLEXSPI_Command_STOP, kFLEXSPI_1PAD, 0

Code for entry into LUT looks like this,

elemindengineer_1-1665073218542.png

Used the configurator to do a simple initialization for the flexspi config, you can see here,

elemindengineer_2-1665073218544.png

Here is my initialization for the device config as well as the LUT,

elemindengineer_3-1665073218546.png

Now I want to run my "NOR_CMD_LUT_SEQ_IDX_READID" sequence, here is the code

elemindengineer_4-1665073218547.png

I am probing the communication lines, and it looks perfect, exactly how I would expect:

elemindengineer_5-1665073218548.png

Given this, I would expect that the FW read the ID as 0xEF, 0xBA, 0x23. However, my  buff is only showing that it read all 0s. See debugger output here,

elemindengineer_6-1665073218549.png

I am starting to scratch my head here, I have tried everything I could think of with configurations and usage etc. Is there something basic here I am missing? How do I actually access that vendor ID from my firmware that is sent over SPI? Is there something with my configuration or initialization that looks off? Is there a possible hardware issue I should look into? I am starting to pull my hair out here, this is the simplest use case I can do with this FlexSPI with no luck to read that vendor ID. Any guidance as to why its not showing up in my Firmware would be greatly appreciated, let me know if you need any more info

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
I think I need more information, so I was wondering if you can upload the schematic of the board, further, I hope you can share the demo code too.
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos