Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secure Offline Programmer (SPGR)

Jump to solution
mastupristi
Senior Contributor I

Hi,

there are a couple of published documents that talk about "Secure Offline Programmer (SPGR)"

In particular:

Both refer to a board:

SPGR.png

The user guide describes "the Secure Offline Programmer (SPGR) features, project framework, quick start, and various software settings"

The Application Note describes "a reference solution for production flash programming, also called the 'Secure Offline Programmer' (SPGR) board, which is based on i.MX RT1020 MCU. The solution can also be used for burning one-time programmable (OTP) fuses"

Unfortunately, the board seems to be impossible to find.

I am strongly inclined to think that such a board must be available, otherwise the documents would be ends in themselves, and therefore of no use. Even distributed SW can't even be tested without the board.

Then I asked myself the question: why would NXP put such effort into preparing the documents, writing the software, designing and making the board of the photo, publishing the whole thing, if NXP doesn't even enable users to try?

please let me know how I can order such a board

best regards

Max

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Gavin_Jia
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @mastupristi ,

Yes, for current availability of these boards please contact your local NXP or preferably if you have FAE support.

Best regards,
Gavin

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Gavin_Jia
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @mastupristi ,

Thanks for your interest in NXP RT series. I am glad to provide service for you!

First of all, sincere thanks for your suggestion, NXP does try to provide more development resources for customers. However, it is possible that this is just a reference design. The schematic is only provided in ANSW and should not be very complex. It is possible that the board is not for sale.

I'm already in the process of confirming the details internally, and I'll keep you posted on the results. Also, our colleagues have open sourced another offline programming tool in github which is modified using another EVK. I hope it will be helpful to you.

Best regards,
Gavin

0 Kudos
mastupristi
Senior Contributor I

Also, our colleagues have open sourced another offline programming tool in github which is modified using another EVK. I hope it will be helpful to you.

leave out the fact that the readme (only useful document) I believe is written in Chinese (will be to use a translator). Let's also leave out the fact that these sources haven't been updated in over 5 years.

I do not have IAR for ARM v8.32 available to me. I usually use the Arm GNU Toolchain (arm-none-eabi) toolchains. Also, my target is RT1175, but I guess it is not supported. Finally, the FRDM-K64 seems to be impossible to find in catalogs or from the distributor.

so no, it's not useful to me!

best regards

Max

0 Kudos
Gavin_Jia
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @mastupristi ,

Thanks for your feedback.

I confirmed with the internal team the purpose of this board, it is indeed a reference design, the current progress is that there will be subsequent updates to the software, and the hardware will only be used as a demo board, and will not be produced in large quantities and open for ordering. In addition to open schematics to customers, a small number of boards will be used as demos and giveaways. Sorry for the inconvenience. We apologize again.

Best regards,
Gavin

0 Kudos
mastupristi
Senior Contributor I

a small number of boards will be used as demos

I would love to be able to participate in one of these demos. Should I ask the FAE who supports us here in Italy?

regards

Max

0 Kudos
Gavin_Jia
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @mastupristi ,

Yes, for current availability of these boards please contact your local NXP or preferably if you have FAE support.

Best regards,
Gavin

0 Kudos