Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secondary boot for XIP-Flash

Jump to solution
calvin1
Contributor II

Hi,

I would like to enable the Secondary boot functionality of iMXRT1010EVK, after writes '1' to the PERSIST_SECONDARY_BOOT bit of SRC_GPR10 register then make a reset,  it seems not working..

I supposed that the secondary boot image is not placed at the right place as I placed it at the default redundant boot image address 0x60040000, I have no idea if it can work as I also saw a setting of XSPI_FLASH_SEC_IMG_OF
FSET that needs to be filled.

My question is where I should place the secondary boot image? and are there any register I should set to indicate BootROM to jump? What are necessary steps I should do to boot from Secondary Boot Image?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Calvin Lin,

Thanks for your reply.
I've confirmed that the Flash Remapping Setting feature is only supported by the RT106x, in another word, the RT1010 doesn't support the feature that jumps to the second image.
I've also attached an application note which illustrates the Flash Remapping Setting feature.

Have a great day.

TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
calvin1
Contributor II

Hi Jeremy,

My evaluation kit is iMXRT1010EVK, in my test, I imported two MCUxpresso projects( "iled_blinky" and "hello world") from SDK, then completes the procedures listed below:

1. Compile the "hello world" project first for generating the binary image;

2. Using NXP-MCUBootUtility tool to program the binary image at address 0x60040000;

3. Add codes to "iled_blinky" for writing '1' to the PERSIST_SECONDARY_BOOT bit of SRC_GPR10 register;

4. Download the project "iled_blinky" through MCUxpresso with LPC-Link2;

5. Erasing the XIP-Flash address from 0x60000000 to 0x6003FFFF;

6. Press POR button on EVK board.

I supposed that as there is no bootable image on address 0x60000000, so BootROM should redirect boot address to 0x60040000 to run the secondary image, but it didn't.

As I couldn't find the way writing XSPI_FLASH_SEC_IMG_OFFSET register, so please explain the procedures what I missed.

thank you.

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Calvin Lin,

Thanks for your reply.
I've confirmed that the Flash Remapping Setting feature is only supported by the RT106x, in another word, the RT1010 doesn't support the feature that jumps to the second image.
I've also attached an application note which illustrates the Flash Remapping Setting feature.

Have a great day.

TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Calvin Lin,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and
for the opportunity to serve you.
I'd like to know more information about the phenomenon, so whether you can introduce the process of secondary boot testing you did, and it may help me to figure it out.
Looking forward to your reply.

Have a great day.

TIC

Note:

0 Kudos