Sample Code for physical UART at J16 on MXRT 685 EVAL Board (MIMXRT685-EVK)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sample Code for physical UART at J16 on MXRT 685 EVAL Board (MIMXRT685-EVK)

Jump to solution
jholeman
Contributor II

I am looking for sample code for the UART located at J16 of this Evaluation Board.  I have found sample code for the UART that is visible in the USB connection.  (e.g. evkmimxrt685_shell). 

1.  Is sample code available for the UART accessible at J16?

or

2. Is there guidance for modifying evkmimxrt685_shell so that it uses the UART at J16?

Any input would be appreciated.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi jholeman,

Answer: Yes, this example is avaiable for the J16, you can use the TTL-USB to connect to the J16, then the shell also works.

2. Is there guidance for modifying evkmimxrt685_shell so that it uses the UART at J16?

Answer: JP21 connect to 2-3 pin, this is used as the on board J16_RX pin to the RT P0_2

image.png

I have tested it in the J16, it works OK.

You just need to modify the MIMXRT685-EVK board connection, no software code modification.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have questions about it, please kindly let me know!

Best Regards,

Kerry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note:

- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored

Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

6 Replies
jholeman
Contributor II

Also, are there any additional sample programs that illustrate the use of TX and RX on the J16 UART?

0 Kudos
jholeman
Contributor II

It looks like evkmimxrt685_usart_polling will work in the mode that I'm requesting 

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi jholeman,

Yes, you are right.

The UART also works, if you already modify the hardware for J16.

Wish it helps you!

Best Regards,

Kerry

Note:

- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored

Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi jholeman,

Answer: Yes, this example is avaiable for the J16, you can use the TTL-USB to connect to the J16, then the shell also works.

Answer: JP21 connect to 2-3 pin, this is used as the on board J16_RX pin to the RT P0_2

image.png

I have tested it in the J16, it works OK.

You just need to modify the MIMXRT685-EVK board connection, no software code modification.

Wish it helps you!

Best Regards,

Kerry

Note:

jholeman
Contributor II

Thanks for the quick response.

I just want to make sure that I understand.  You are saying that if I connect J21 pin 2 to J21 pin 3, then this sample code (evkmimxrt685_shell) will work on the serial port at J16 with no code modification?

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi jholeman

Code without any modification, just the hardware side.

If you check the schematic, you will find the on board COM port and your J16 are totally using the same RT related chip.

Wish it helps you!

Best Regards,

Kerry

Note: