SWD connection to iMXRT1050 EVK using Segger J Link only works with the large pin header

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SWD connection to iMXRT1050 EVK using Segger J Link only works with the large pin header

Jump to solution
audio
Contributor III

Hello,

I have been searching on the internet, but I couldn't find a solution to this.

On iMXRT1050 EVK board, there are 2 pin headers for JTAG/SWD debugging.

J21 is the large pin header and J34 is the small pin header.

When I use the J21 header, the connection is fine and all functions don't have a problem. But When I use the J34 header, J Link can't connect to the board and in the J Link commander, it recognizes the arm core as M4.

I'm not sure what's causing this issue. Is there any soldering rework or switch that I have to change for this to work?

J21 Connection Picture

KakaoTalk_20210127_092930058.jpg

J34 Connection Picture

KakaoTalk_20210127_093207419.jpg

J Link commander log (Left J21 Connection, Right J34 Connection)

imxrt evb connection problem.PNG

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
Let me clarify it, the J34 is used to contact the MK20 which implements the OpenSDA interface, not the i.MX RT1050.
Hope this is clear.
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
Let me clarify it, the J34 is used to contact the MK20 which implements the OpenSDA interface, not the i.MX RT1050.
Hope this is clear.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

audio
Contributor III

Thank you so much, Jeremy,

No wonder why it kept giving me errors.

0 Kudos