Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPI FIFO and Watermark

Jump to solution
suhel_mulla
Contributor III

Hello,

I am using i.MX RT1050 Evaluation Kit. I want to use SPI program in SDK for NXP i.MXRT 1052 processor. 

I am confused about the use FIFO and Watermark in SPI code. I haven't found any document which can explain these concepts. It is also not given in "i.MX RT1050 Processor Reference Manual".

Can you explain it here or suggest any document which explains the i.MX RT 1052 FIFO and watermark concepts in detail?

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
suhel_mulla
Contributor III

Thank you for the explanation.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
suhel_mulla
Contributor III

Thank you for the explanation.

0 Kudos
FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

We don't have specific documents describing these concepts but I can help you explain this for you. A FIFO is a first in, first out internal stack that in this case will help you store SPI words. RT1050 has transmit FIFO of 16 words and a receive FIFO of 16 words.

On the other hand, watermarks can be used to generate interrupts depending on the number of words contained in these FIFOs. If the receive FIFO is greater than RXWATER value an interrupt will be generated, also if the number of words in the transmit FIFO is equal or less than TXWATER an interrupt will be fired.

Hope it helps!

Best regards,

Felipe

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note:

- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored. Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

0 Kudos