Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLN-VIZN-IOT

Jump to solution
PragalfSIL
Contributor II

Hi,

I have SIL-VIZN-IOT kit. I started by connecting USB cable between My PC and development kit.The SLN-VIZN-IOT kit  automatically enumerated as CSI camera device. But it is not enumerated as SERIAL DEVICE . It detected as USB COMPOSITE DEMO .Is it requires any USB driver, to detect development board as COM port?

with regards

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

Could you please try to replicate this behavior on a Windows 10 64-bit machine or at least a 64-bit Windows 7 machine? 

Regards, 

Victor

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Thanks for the additional information! Could you please share a screenshot of how your board is being recognized? Your board is still with the out-of-the-box demo or did you flash anything else? 

Regards,

Victor

0 Kudos
PragalfSIL
Contributor II

Hi

Thanks  for your reply..Board is still with the out-of-the-box demo.Screenshot of enumerated window is given below.COM PORT DETECTIONCOM PORT DETECTION

0 Kudos
victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Thanks for sharing more information! Please try the instructions provided in this post to manually point to the inf folder of the SDK that is provided in the software package that comes with the kit.

https://community.nxp.com/t5/Kinetis-Microcontrollers/quot-MCU-VIRTUAL-COM-DEMO-quot-and-demo-app-fo...

You will find the inf folder in the following path: SLN-VIZN-IOT Software Collateral v1.0.3\SDK\SLN-VIZN IOT\components\serial_manager\usb_cdc_adapter

Regards, 

Victor 

0 Kudos
PragalfSIL
Contributor II

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

I got the inf folder in the following path: SLN-VIZN-IOT Software Collateral v1.0.3\SDK\SLN-VIZN IOT\components\serial_manager\usb_cdc_adapter..

I tried to update the driver by using this. But occured an error. Screenshot is given below.

I am using PC running with windows7, 32 bit. The inf in that folder is for 64 bit system?

COM driver installation.png

Thanks & Regards

SUMY POULOSE

0 Kudos
victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

Could you please try to replicate this behavior on a Windows 10 64-bit machine or at least a 64-bit Windows 7 machine? 

Regards, 

Victor

0 Kudos
PragalfSIL
Contributor II

Hi

Thanks for your reply. I tested EVB in the PC running in the windows 10. EVB detected as COM port.

I tested it also in the PC running in windows 8, 64 bit.  After updating driver by using "inf" file it detected as com port with error.

Is EVB only works in windows 10, not in windows 7 and 8?? 

0 Kudos
victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

From our end, we only test the solution with Windows 10 64-bit. 

Regards, 

Victor 

0 Kudos
victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

What OS are you using? I just made a test on my end with a brand new SLN-VIZN-IOT kit with a PC running Windows 10 and as soon as I connect the board it is recognized as USB Serial Device as shown below. 

pastedImage_1.png

Regards, 

Victor 

0 Kudos
PragalfSIL
Contributor II

Am using windows 7 PC..Also checked with a PC running in windows 10.but it didnt detect as COM port..

0 Kudos