cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLN-VIZN-IOT Face Recognition

Bigjim
Contributor I

Hi there,

We have been playing with the SLN-VIZN-IOT which is working OK. There seems to be an issue enrolling faces with beards where it takes much longer to enrol and requires much more accurate face placement. Is there any documentation on this topic.

Also the system can be fooled by taking a photo of the face and presenting it to the camera. There is an option called "Liveness" which seem to switch to B&W but there is no more documentation on this option. I also read that a 2nd camera is required to prevent a photo being used instead of an actual face. Is there any support for a 2nd camera on the SLN-VIZN-IOT and is there any documentation on how to implement a 2 camera solution?

In a security application a system that can be fooled by a photo is a problem.

Thanks for your help.

James

0 Kudos
2 Replies

FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi James,

To implement this I recommend you to check our SLN-VIZNAS-IOT solution for secure face recognition that will be available in the next few days.

SLN-VIZNAS-IOT adds liveness detection to prevent spoofing with photographs, enabling the i.MX RT106F MCU to now be used in secure face recognition applications such as electronic locks. Anti-spoofing is delivered with the simple addition of a second low cost camera operating in the infrared spectrum, complementing the low cost RGB (visible light) camera found on the SLN-VIZN-IOT solution.

Best regards,

Felipe

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note:

- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored. Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

0 Kudos

Bigjim
Contributor I

Thanks Felipe,

So it sounds like there will be more information on this topic added to the SLN-VIZNAS-IOT technical documentation. That's great and I will be looking for it over the next few days.

I'm hoping it will provided details on the recommended HW solution to implement this feature which is mandatory for the product to be viable in security applications.

Many thanks,

James

0 Kudos