SDK to enable 8ch DMIC Board for RT685-AUD-EVK

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDK to enable 8ch DMIC Board for RT685-AUD-EVK

Hthornburgh
Contributor II

I was trying to find an SDK provided by NXP to get my 8 CH DMIC board setup with the RT685-AUD-EVK. I imagine NXP should have something ready to go since they sell these two devices. If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

0 Kudos
6 Replies

Hthornburgh
Contributor II

Thank you I was able to listen to the mics with the DMIC driver example. My next goal is to be able to bring the 8 channels of dmic into my computer, I think a combination of the dmic_multi_channel with usb_device_composite_audio_multi_ch would be effective. Do you have any guidance on how to merge these two sdk's? @xiangjun_rong 

0 Kudos

Hthornburgh
Contributor II

Thank you. The instructions in the read_me have instructions for the MIMXRT685-EVK and include moving resistors and resoldering. Has anyone utilized this SDK for the AUD-EVK? I don't want to follow instructions for the wrong board and find out that I shouldn't have moved them...

Hthornburgh_0-1668190505061.png

0 Kudos

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Unfortunately, there is not example based on AUD-EVK, all examples are based on MIMXRT685-EVK. Because the pins are multiplexed with multiple function, the resistors are used to switch the function. So do not care about the resistor, only check if the pins are connected to the DMIC device.

Hope it can help you

BR

XiangJun Rong

0 Kudos

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

There is DMIC driver example as the screenshot for i.mxrt600 family, pls try to use it.

Hope it can help you

BR

XiangJun Rong

xiangjun_rong_0-1668164139648.png

Hthornburgh
Contributor II

@xiangjun_rong thank you I was successful in listening to the 8ch DMIC board with this SDK. My next goal is to get the 8 channels into my computer via usb. I think a combination of the DMIC_Multi_Ch and USB_Device_Composite_Audio_Multi_Ch would be effective, do you have any guidance on how to combine these two sdk's? Or is there already one available that does this that I am overlooking?

0 Kudos

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I think it is okay to put the PCM samples from multiple DMIC to the USB load, because both the DMIC and USB are stream, pay attention to the synchronization problem.

BR

XiangJun Rong

Tags (1)