SDK project evkmimxrt1064_flash_component_nor is failing

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDK project evkmimxrt1064_flash_component_nor is failing

paul_roberts
Contributor III

My call to Nor_Flash_Init() used to work, but now fails in my modified project evkmimxrt1064_flash_component_nor.

EVK-MIMXRT1064, Segger Jlink Pro, MCUXpresso 10.3, NXP MIMXRT1064 SDK 2.6.1.

Calling Nor_Flash_Init() causes the MCU to hang. I try rebooting, deleting my .launch file before debugging, re-enumerating my Segger Jlink by unplugging/replugging its USB connection, now am currently at a loss as to why it fails. Nor_Flash_Init() ultimately calls FLEXSPI_NOR_ReadSFDP(). which seems to result in kStatus_FLEXSPINOR_Unsupported_SFDP_Version because the signature is incorrect. Any suggestions are welcome!

Nor_Flash_Init() calls FLEXSPI_NOR_GenerateConfigBlockUsingSFDP() which calls FLEXSPI_NOR_ProbeCommandMode() which calls FLEXSPI_NOR_ReadSFDP().  The function returns kStatsus_Success, however the sfdp_header is filled with 0xff's, and so the signatures contains the value 0xffffffff.

In the original example provided by NXP, the test is for the external Nor Flash memory that is present on eval board EVL-MIMXRT1064.  This program should be able to execute out of RAM or internal FLASH.  To test RAM execution, we check the box "Link application to RAM" in C/C++ Build=>Settings=>MCU Linker=>Managed Linker Script.

Labels (1)
1 Reply

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Paul Roberts,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and
for the opportunity to serve you.
According to your introduction, it failed to debug the evkmimxrt1064_flash_component_nor with the MIMXRT1064-EVK board, even if remap the demo run in the internal RAM, is it right?

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos