cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD Power Enable

vonp
Contributor II

Hi,

I have a custom board based off of the RT1064-EVK. I am having issues resetting the SD card VDD using M12 GPIO_AD_B1_03 and a simple p-channel mosfet in a high side switch configuration. I have tested this circuit with a restive load at around 300mA with the SD card removed and it works fine. However, when the SD card is inserted and I pull M12 low I measure about 2.3V DC. It seems that there is some leakage current from the SD card IO pins back on VDD. I have compared this to the EVK which does not show this error(unless the SD data lines are driven high then I do, but not in the SD driver demo example). Is there anything I am missing? Why can I not drive VDD low?

RT_SD.JPG

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

vonp
Contributor II

Update: 

I found this issue because I was having issues with the sd at boot(some cards would work and others would not). However, I recently updated to the newest SDK_2.7.0_EVK-MIMXRT1064 and it seems to fix the original problem I was having, but I am still seeing some leakage back on VDD.

0 Kudos

vonp
Contributor II

Jin,

Yes, I checked the gate voltage on Q1 and looks correct. Like I said above if the SD card is removed Q1 operates as it should, I have also only connected VDD and VSS on the SD card and it operates correctly, but once I connect the data pins it reads VDD at 2.4VDC when off and 3.3VDC when on. 

0 Kudos

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Yes, it seems the voltage comes from SD card data pins.

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Heath,

You schematic looks fine. I also test on my EVB. When GPIO_AD_B1_03 output 0, SD card VDD is also 0. Did you measure Q1 gate voltage?

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos