SBL-SFW boot from SD card

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SBL-SFW boot from SD card

slimSHA
Contributor III

I flashed SBL and SFW to the IMXRT-1050 EVK, and its working fine with hyper flash ( xip) FW update via U-Disk,

Now we would like to use the SD card boot (the image will be stored in the SD card and it should run on SDRAM).

For this requirement, How can I use the SBL ?. what are the changes that may be required to this?. 

any help is appreciated

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
According to your statement, you want the SBL boot from the SD card instead of HyperFlash, it's a typical non-XIP mode, to make it, please follow the post to make it.
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

slimSHA
Contributor III

Thanks for the reply,

I have gone through the post that you have shared. In that, the IDE used is MCUXpresso, but can we use MCUxpresso for building SBL and SFW ?
as per my understanding sbl and sfw support iar,mdk, and GCC tool chain.

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
For other IDEs than MCUXpresso IDE, you can refer to the IDE's guider to modify the linker file to link the application to SDRAM, then recompile the demo project to generate an image file.
After that, just follow the post to program the image file to the SD card.
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

slimSHA
Contributor III

Thanks for the reply,

I was following the GCC toolchain guide from https://github.com/NXPmicro/sbl/blob/master/doc/MCUOTASBLSFWUG.pdf .
how to configure this project for SDRAM targets with the GCC toolchain?

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
1) How to configure this project for SDRAM targets with the GCC toolchain?
-- Please follow the GCC compiler guide to modify .ld file (linker file) to link the application to SDRAM.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos

slimSHA
Contributor III

Thanks for the reply,

I found this from SBL user guide,

slimSHA_0-1637746992466.png

it says that the evkb1050 boot device is hyper flash, does the SBL project support SDCard boot?

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
1) It says that the evkb1050 boot device is hyper flash, does the SBL project support SDCard boot?
-- Yes, however, It needs the developers to modify it.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos